Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jimbo135

Does anyone have opinions on the CCM V10 inline skates?

I need to get new skates this month, probably as a Christmas present. I've been running Mission 9500's since they came out and I've loved them but its just time for a new pair. Last year I got a pair of CCM V08 ice skates and I can't say a bad thing about them. They fit my feet perfectly and are super comfortable and I feel like I skate great with them. So I'm really interested in the V10 inline skates because I've had such a good experience with the ice skates, so I just want to see what other people think of these. Are they worth the money? Is the inline boot comparable to the ice boot? And would I be better off just getting a new pair of V09 ice skates and converting them to inline skates?

"Is the inline boot comparable to the ice boot?"

Fit-wise, they are the same, but most inline boots aren't as stiff as the ice couterpart. I have Vector 6s for ice from '07, and they're stiffer than my '08 vector 8 inline. I skated pf10s (the vector 10 inline from 05 or 06) for 2 years or so until I got my current skates. I was really happy with them, and didn't have any problem, they just started falling apart. I wish the 8s I have now were stiffer.

My biggest complaint with the Vector 10 inline is the crappy bearings that come with them. I'm not a huge fan of mico-bearings to begin with, but the ones that come stock seem extra-sucky.

For me, the problem with buying new ice skates and converting them to inline is the extra price. Between buying a chassis, wheels, and bearings and maybe paying someone to mount everything, you're probably out at least an extra $100, probably more. But, if you're over-all happier with the conversions, it might be worth it. Spread that $100 out over time, and maybe it's worth $40 a year to have skates you really like.

There are a couple threads discussing the current tri-di chassis. I haven't had any problem with the older models, but I believe people have said CCM has taken out some of the internal bracing, which can lead to it denting easier. As far as chassis transition, I switched from the hi-lo chassis to the tri-di, and didn't have any problems at all. There are also a few threads where people compare that two.