Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tour Man

Easton S19 helmet

An update for anyone interested. I recently got the S19 in Large, and was able to mount a Large Itech 908Ti cage to it. I was nervous at first because the front mounting hinges are almost too far apart to get them to match up with the holes on the helmet. With just a slight bit of twisting of the plastic hinges, I was able to get the cage on. Width-wise, it matches up perfectly with the side clips.

This is the best helmet setup I've ever had. If you want a light helmet/cage combo, no other setup comes close.

Plus, it looks great too. Much smaller/lower-profile looking than the Large Reebok helmet I was using.

Update:

I just purchased a s19 medium and mounted a bauer HS22 with the bauer spacers provided. It's not flush, sorry but i havn't read this entire thread about the s19 mounting. But it seems to be tight and holding good. I guess i'll just play with this until something comes out that is a better fit?

anyone have info?

Update2:

after some patience added with some soft hands, i finally mounted my Bauer HS23 straight cut visor with bauer's mounting hardware (looks the same as oakley's mounting, but smaller) to my S19 (size M). It is flush and tight. Looks mounted secure. It did take some effort, but still no longer than 10-15mins.

Hope this info helps.

An update for anyone interested. I recently got the S19 in Large, and was able to mount a Large Itech 908Ti cage to it. I was nervous at first because the front mounting hinges are almost too far apart to get them to match up with the holes on the helmet. With just a slight bit of twisting of the plastic hinges, I was able to get the cage on. Width-wise, it matches up perfectly with the side clips.

This is the best helmet setup I've ever had. If you want a light helmet/cage combo, no other setup comes close.

Plus, it looks great too. Much smaller/lower-profile looking than the Large Reebok helmet I was using.

Good to know. I love my itech ti cage and was thinking of upgrading from a NB 5500 to an S19.

Anyone have the S19 helmet with the S13 cage? I picked the helmet up for a good deal, but can't find the S17 cage nearby.

I just put my 9900 cage from a medium helmet, I bought them pre assembled. I put it on a medium s19 easily. It actually fits perfect, no modding needed.

I just mounted the Bauer Re-Akt cage (size Medium - I think it's the only size released so far) to my size XL S19 helmet. Works great and mounted easily. Had originally purchased a Bauer 9900 cage (size Large) but didn't fit my face (chin cup too far away) though it mounted easily. I was going to just get the 9900 medium then but decided to try the Re-Akt and glad I did.

I went to TotalHockey in St. Peters and they told me the S19 helmet design didn't accomodate many cages. I'm going to bring my size L S19 in next week to see if the Medium size they have can fit.