Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XBIGJIMX

COLD FEET ON THE ICE

I just started playing hockey in a beginner league. my feet were painfully cold after 15 minutes. Is this common? I had my thyroid removed last year (one of the things it does is how you cope with tempature) so i have trouble judging what is cold. Has anyone had this problem?

If you have some basic model skates (costed under 100), and you left your skates in your car, those two combination will definitely make it cold, especially the latter. Shouldn't be freezing, but should be slightly below room temp. Keep skates inside before you go skate, and you'll be fine.

It happens a lot to new players. Generally, as you improve you will skate harder and expend more energy, making you warmer.

I play in a very cold rink. I started wearing XC-Ski socks under my skates. They're not really thick, but a bit warmer. It has helped a bit.

I have recently had a similar problem, I have worn one90's for the last 2 years, and this year my left foot(and only left foot) is freezing by the end of the game. Does anyone else have similar issues?

Check how tight you're tying your skates, especially over the arch. Too-tight skates will cut off circulation. If my skates are too tight there, my feet will feel cold, I just loosen them over the arch area a tad and they usually feel better immediately.

I used to have that problem at practice (coach-standing around a lot) I started putting toe warmers in my skates & no more frozen toes. They have them at Walmart in the hunting/sporting goods dept. I also use them in my shoes when I ride my bike in the winter.

Toastie-Toes-350.jpg

How do you have enough room for toe warmers in skates? There is no way I could get those in mine, if I can't even wear thick socks...

I'll second the post about tying the skate looser. I honestly think alot of people tie thier skates way to tight.

Skated in a cold rink last night, wore under armour cold gear pants and mock turtleneck, and my fingers and toes didn't get cold like they usually do. May have to make that a habit, it felt really comfortable.

yah i have this problem at shinny only in between long shifts of sitting on the bench.

i usually just wear thicker socks...i grabbed some real thick ones at marks work warehouse which were advertised as construction worker socks. they are pretty thick and do a great job and keeping my feet toasty :D

How do you have enough room for toe warmers in skates? There is no way I could get those in mine, if I can't even wear thick socks...

I'll second the post about tying the skate looser. I honestly think alot of people tie thier skates way to tight.

I'm an in-between size so my skates are a little big. I'm also a 'way too tight' guy because of the skates being a little big.