Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RiSeOnFiRe

2009-2010 NY Islanders Thread

Fresh off a shutout of the best team in the east, possibly the hottest team in the league right now. Fresh off a shutout of the best team in the east. Winners of 4 straight and 5 of the last 7. Colorado, Phoenix, Detroit, Buffalo and Jersey aren't bad teams either. Josh Bailey has 16 points in 12 games since moving to the wing and Matt Moulson has found his scoring touch again. The team went through a slump in december but seem to be breaking out, and the Olympic break is going to help Tavares a whole lot. It seems like the grind of the NHL is wearing on him a little. Oh yea, and DiPi with a .926 SV% and 1.96 GAA. Props to Garth Snow for sticking with his plan of rebuilding this franchise and the sales department for 14 dollar student tickets with free Chipotle.

and the sales department for 14 dollar student tickets with free Chipotle.

amen to cheap tickets to the greatest and most obnoxious section of the coliseum. If it weren't for that section the place would be dead. Im actually very surprised out how there playing. They seem like a very different team

Glad to see Rick is making me look good for stashing him on the IR all season in the MSH league. Now if I can just Demitra to start putting up points I may not finish at the bottom.

and the sales department for 14 dollar student tickets with free Chipotle.

amen to cheap tickets to the greatest and most obnoxious section of the coliseum. If it weren't for that section the place would be dead. Im actually very surprised out how there playing. They seem like a very different team

Wow. Funny that you live in Holbrook too....

hah yea, right by the Commons.

But i actually don't think Sutton will get one. His hits are always clean and this one seemed like Dupuis turned back to go the other way right after sutton committed to hitting, and its just one of those times where its good guy on good guy, and one of em gets hurt.

But i actually don't think Sutton will get one. His hits are always clean and this one seemed like Dupuis turned back to go the other way right after sutton committed to hitting, and its just one of those times where its good guy on good guy, and one of em gets hurt.

Good guy?

High elbow

Leads with the elbow

borderline

He was fined for the Callahan hit, so he would be treated as a repeat offender.

Good guy?

High elbow

Leads with the elbow

borderline

Is his elbow high? Sure. Did he catch him with the elbow? Nope.

2nd one i agree with ya.

The only thing i can see with the last one is the location of the puck. The hit was a tad late.

Point is, anyone who throws some big hits we can pull up videos and nitpick and find details that are wrong. There is a big separation between these types of hits and players and those like a Kunitz or Rutuu or heck even Richards now.

Good guy?

High elbow

Leads with the elbow

borderline

Is his elbow high? Sure. Did he catch him with the elbow? Nope.

2nd one i agree with ya.

The only thing i can see with the last one is the location of the puck. The hit was a tad late.

Point is, anyone who throws some big hits we can pull up videos and nitpick and find details that are wrong. There is a big separation between these types of hits and players and those like a Kunitz or Rutuu or heck even Richards now.

The last one was well after the whistle. It was blown when the puck was touched.

Jack Hillen out 6-8 weeks for a broken jaw/damaged teeth says Dee Karl.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Dee-Karl/Ja...pdate/129/25796

Just great, seeing how he's been our 2nd best defencemen and was really starting to turn some heads. The Islanders playoff chances just took a huge blow. Dustin Kohn has been recalled, but he is not a great AHL defencemen let alone an NHL. Would have liked to see Ness signed to play with the big boys but oh well. This Olympic break can not come soon enough. Tavares needs a rest. Contrariwise Okposo is developing not only into a great player, but a great leader. Once Weight is gone, Okposo gets the C.

Just great, seeing how he's been our 2nd best defencemen and was really starting to turn some heads. The Islanders playoff chances just took a huge blow. Dustin Kohn has been recalled, but he is not a great AHL defencemen let alone an NHL. Would have liked to see Ness signed to play with the big boys but oh well. This Olympic break can not come soon enough. Tavares needs a rest. Contrariwise Okposo is developing not only into a great player, but a great leader. Once Weight is gone, Okposo gets the C.

A lot of people expect them to fall out of the playoffs this year, if they get in it's a bonus. With some good pickups in the off season they could be pretty good next year. Unfortunately they are in the same division as the Pens, Flyers and Rangers.

A lot of people expect them to fall out of the playoffs this year, if they get in it's a bonus. With some good pickups in the off season they could be pretty good next year. Unfortunately they are in the same division as the Pens, Flyers and Rangers.

Can they move to the SE? lol