Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jim Bob

Bucci rules!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/stor...john&id=1899370

I find this whole labor "war" hysterical. I'm talking "old school" hysterical. I am gleefully looking forward to the next few months. I look forward to the next inane comment with the excitement of Ken Hitchcock anticipating his next shirtless devouring of a Philly cheese steak. Good labor-pain times. Just hysterical.

I mean how easy is it to divvy up the proceeds here? How can owners expect players to forgive them for all of their sins of sloth, gluttony, anger and avarice all at once? And what do players care if there is some kind of cap? Peyton Manning plays under a cap system in the NFL and he could buy the Pittsburgh Penguins, Nashville Predators and 10 percent of the Hartford Wolf Pack. Shaquille O'Neal plays under a salary cap and could feed, educate, provide health care, day care, nanny care and premium cable for all 24 children Kerry Fraser and his wife have created. Hey, Kerry how about a little "obstruction" on the ole' Stearns and Foster? NHL superstars will still make huge money and average third-line wingers will still be millionaires with a salary cap. What's not to like?

And don't tell me about future generations and all that blah, blah, blah. Players don't care about the future generation of NHL players at all. AT ALL. AT ALL. AT ALL. This is about pride and blindly following Bob Goodenow. That's it. Players would not have their Hummers, summer cottages, $600,000 homes, first-class plane tickets and stress-free retirements without the owners' contracts and the revenue provided by fans. And the union's attitude to both is generally despicable.

As far as the entertainment factor for me, it's a little early now. Players haven't missed a paycheck yet and Boston Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs' kegs of unused beer have yet to reach their expiration date. Once that starts to happen, once players start losing strip club money and the owners start losing trophy wife/girlfriend money, then it will get fun. These are just the facts. Why gloss over the facts.

:D

I've never had a problem with Buccigross' knowledge of the game.

I just have some issues with his fandom that spills over into his work. Like calling Chris Drury a hockey god.