Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SHARK_city_WIZEGUY

Dallas, Tx (surrounding area)

Whats up fellas? Im from San Jose and may possibly be moving to Dallas in a month or so. I was wondering where the best places to play were, and if there were any must-visit shops in the area. I'm a hockey instructor/coach here in California and was also wondering if there were any job opportunities out there, and what the market was like.. Any help or replies would be appreciated greatly. Thanks

Welcome to the Area man

I don't know about any adult leagues or anything, seeing as I am still in High school, but I think I can help you with Shops and coaching opportunities.

There are several PlayersBench shops, they usually have pretty knowledgeable staff but can be a little expensive, there is a location in Coppell (Northwest of Dallas, close to the Airport) and one in Richardson, I have never been to that particular location but it is North/ Northeast of Dallas. There is a Perani's which is in Euless, which is West of Dallas and somewhat close to the Airport. Those are really the only places I go, there is also THE hockey shop in Lewisville which I have is really good but I have never been there myself.

As for Coaching oppurtunities there are several Large Travel teams with all Levels and ages of players.

The Alliance Bulldogs who are Stationed in Valley Ranch and have AA and AAA teams at pretty much every level . http://alliance.pucksystems.com/page/show/...ldogs-home-page

The Dallas Ice Jets, They play in Grapevine and they are pretty much the same coaches and players and Coaches every year http://www.icejets.com/

The Dallas Juinor Hockey Association Penguins- Aren't one of the real elite teams they are based in the Plano Star center and have A and AA http://www.djha.com/

The Dallas Stars Elite- This is a very intense and high level orginization who are somewhat new to the Area (Some old teams combined into one Elite team) Their older teams participate in the Tier 1 Elite hockey league http://www.dsehc.com/ THey also play out of Valley Ranch

The Jr Brahmas- I don't know much about this organization because I have never played under any of the coaches or teams. They play at Nytex in Keller http://www.jrbrahmashockey.com/

There are the Dallas stars selects who are mostly a suped up house league all star team minus a few AA teams

There are also a lot of local high school teams in the Area who play in the Metroplex AT&T high school league, they aren't a full time job and practice about 2 times a week usually, and the Varsity teams play on Thursday, the league is still competitive but is known to have players with Work ethic problems

There are a lot of private instructors at Grapevine Polar ice, and NYTEX, I am not as sure about the other ones.

Hope this helps

Welcome to DFW. My advice is to look into the Ice Jets, Alliance, or Dallas Elite. Stay away from the Jr.Brahmas. I played for them and was not satisfied with the way the organization is run. Also the Stars Selects are pretty much rec league lol.

Also, Flower Mound High School may be looking for a new varsity coach for 2010-2011. Aside from some politics among the board and a few (wont mention names but Im sure starsfan knows who Im talking about) parents/players its not a bad organization. Let me know if your interested and I can send you in the right direction

Wow, I really, really appreciate all the help and advice. I wasn't expecting for anyone to actually take the time to to post all the information you guys have. Thanks alot guys and this truly helps. I think we're looking for places to live in the Richardson area, and now thanks to you guys, I know whats in that area... I guess I better think twice before wearing my "Sharks" gear out there though, huh?

Im headed out there on the 16-20th of March to check it out and go to the stars/sharks and stars/flyers games. Those are my two favorite teams, and it just so happens they both play the stars while im there! Any pre or post game spots/restaurants that are a must hit on game night??

Wow, I really, really appreciate all the help and advice. I wasn't expecting for anyone to actually take the time to to post all the information you guys have. Thanks alot guys and this truly helps. I think we're looking for places to live in the Richardson area, and now thanks to you guys, I know whats in that area... I guess I better think twice before wearing my "Sharks" gear out there though, huh?

Im headed out there on the 16-20th of March to check it out and go to the stars/sharks and stars/flyers games. Those are my two favorite teams, and it just so happens they both play the stars while im there! Any pre or post game spots/restaurants that are a must hit on game night??

You wont have much trouble wearing a Sharks jersey down here. The Stars fans for the most part are pretty friendly and they'll rib you a little bit if your teams losing, but its all in fun.

Pregame or postgame, I'd go to Dick's Last Resort, House of Blues, or you can just go to the Hooters over there which is what I usually do pregame. All three are walking distance from the rink and I'd recommend Dicks if you enjoy beer a good burger. Also if you have the club tickets or whatever they are called you can go and eat at the open bar inside the AAC which is also really nice

I play in Adult leagues at Nytex which is in North Richland Hills. Silver is the highest I've played and I've only played at Nytex, so I don't have much to compare with, but in general there are cool people. You just have to look past the douches that like to make themselves known.

As far as Shark jerseys. I say wear it, y'all are pretty much a Bi-round if we play y'all in the 1st of the playoffs. Might as well be supporting the Stars :P

I play in Adult leagues at Nytex which is in North Richland Hills. Silver is the highest I've played and I've only played at Nytex, so I don't have much to compare with, but in general there are cool people. You just have to look past the douches that like to make themselves known.

As far as Shark jerseys. I say wear it, y'all are pretty much a Bi-round if we play y'all in the 1st of the playoffs. Might as well be supporting the Stars :P

I've played at Nytex too, for the Jr.Brahmas last year. Not a bad rink, in fact I like it and there are some cool people there. Knute Anderson, the hockey director, is a good guy and he used to be my coach. The only problem is that the Jr.Brahmas are at best a mediocre organization

hahahaah yea to be completely honest, I hate when the sharks play the stars.... Im never very confident going in. The stars just know how to play the sharks, and know how to work their system right to get the win.. This year has been mostly shoot-outs, but if Im correct, i think dallas has come out with the 2 points more often than not.

Hope fully the sharks wont have to worry about them in april though.. And i pray everrrrrry night that huet falls apart hahahahaah