Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

titand19

Tampa and srrounding area Pickup?

Hey guys, I plan on taking a little vacation at the end of the month from about the 29th to the 3rd down to the Sarasota, Clearwater, St. Pete , Tampa Area. I was wondering if you guys could chime in on the times and days for different rinks. Wondering if it's worth it to bring my gear down there. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You can check the websites for pickup info, a lot of the times change often.

In those areas, there are two rinks... Clearwater ice arena(Sunblades) and TBSA. If you're willing to drive about 20 mins you'd be in Brandon where pretty much everyone that can play there, does play there. ISF in Brandon ranked, at least at one point, in the top 25 leagues in the US. Pickups can be very competitive and high speed. Even beginner pickups have been known to have "C-Leaguers" or better drop in. C+ League here is roughly ACHA D-III level with D-I players mixed in, C- is a mix between D-III and guys on the practice squad.

There are good players at all the rinks but my recommendation, ISF.

There is also J.P. Igloo(now Ellenton Ice and Sports Complex) in Ellenton but it's not worth the detour, in my opinion. Good facility but it's pretty out of the way.