Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

seamussk8

Bauer RX15? With any wheels?

Hi I am 5"8ish 112 pounds. I was just wondering if these skates would be a good choice also they are cheap I do play indoors only and will be able to put any wheels I want on these skates also. The reason I'm thinking of them is because they are much less stiff then most other boots which is good for me since im so light.

Please give me your thought on whether or not I should get these and remember I am also able to get any wheels so please give me some suggestions on what wheels I should get and I play on indoor sport court also so keep that in mind and the wheels will never be used outside.

Cheers :D

First maybe tell us your budget on how much you want to spend? A "less stiff" boot is not always the answer for someone who is not heavy. I skate a very stiff boot and only weigh 150lbs.

First maybe tell us your budget on how much you want to spend? A "less stiff" boot is not always the answer for someone who is not heavy. I skate a very stiff boot and only weigh 150lbs.

Well Not too much up to 250 but yeah the more expensive the boot the worse wheels ill have to get most likely but for me Im just looking at it because ive used two different pairs of bauer vapors before in my past two seasons. But if you know any good wheels also let me know.

Cheers

Remember to look at the whole package when you decide on a pair of skates. I agree with Dreww that a less stiff boot is not necessarily what you need to look for. Stiffness in a boot can be key to a good stride and ultimately better performance.

I think Bauer makes a great boot, but you may want to try the Tour Code MX or the Tour Code Carbon Pro. They retail between $159 and $199. They both offer great comfort and good performance.

If Tour is not right for you, then I would look above this level of skate, because of some of the components. The wheels are a lower end low rebound wheel, so you may end up upgrading the wheel and the can run you some dough on top of the skate. Also when buying look at the frame, this one is held together by bolts, so not the best option. To get the best "value" i would look at $160 or above. If you spend that amount or more with any company, I think you will be a lot happier in the long run from a comfort and performance standpoint.

Remember to look at the whole package when you decide on a pair of skates. I agree with Dreww that a less stiff boot is not necessarily what you need to look for. Stiffness in a boot can be key to a good stride and ultimately better performance.

I think Bauer makes a great boot, but you may want to try the Tour Code MX or the Tour Code Carbon Pro. They retail between $159 and $199. They both offer great comfort and good performance.

If Tour is not right for you, then I would look above this level of skate, because of some of the components. The wheels are a lower end low rebound wheel, so you may end up upgrading the wheel and the can run you some dough on top of the skate. Also when buying look at the frame, this one is held together by bolts, so not the best option. To get the best "value" i would look at $160 or above. If you spend that amount or more with any company, I think you will be a lot happier in the long run from a comfort and performance standpoint.

Well said. I agree about the wheel comment too. Your saying you want to switch the wheels out. Wheels plus good bearings will run you easily over $100.00 ($60ish just for top end wheels). Why spend that when you can spend a little more, get more stiffness and support, better inner materials, plus good wheels and bearings on a higher end skate? Seems like a no brainer my friend :)

well I ended up going with my gut and buying them anyways and btw these were 200$ were I live but I will get new wheels and bearings because i was between this and missions and for me i dont know y i just hate missions dont hate since I said that they just dont feel good when i skate and i went for a drop in session on some older indoor wheels I put in for the time being and they felt like just what I was expecting and in general what I feel I really wanted I would very much like some input on wheels and bearing to put on this thanks

theyre ok for street but i have them and i would not use them indoors they are kinda heavy am playin inline soon so i got mission soldier se skated and they are great!!!! also they are only 200 well worth the price in every way!