Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chad Seibel

Tour products

First experience was G-80 ice skates. Boot was absolutely amazing in terms of initial feel and comfort. The 'crew' holder felt really weird though, eventually converted the G80's to inlines with the Tuuk rocker chassis, a tank setup but also with tank weight.

Next Tour skate I bought was Code E-2 on clearout, a size down from the G80. I wish 1/2 sizes were available, the 7 was JUST barely long enough but I had a hell of a time trying to break them in. Boot needed quite a bit of punching at the ankle bones to provide comfort, but since then have been great. I still skate on these after 3 relatively hard years and sure they have broken done considerably, but I don't do as much inline hockey now. Other beef with these was the Hummr chassis was 4x76mm wheels, I think size 8 and up is when 4x80mm were found; which is weird because I had a pair of 7.5 Nike boots sent in to Labeda to have the promo swap done and those came back 4x80mm. Anyways

I could never get rid of lace bite with my Tour skates.

First experience was G-80 ice skates. Boot was absolutely amazing in terms of initial feel and comfort. The 'crew' holder felt really weird though, eventually converted the G80's to inlines with the Tuuk rocker chassis, a tank setup but also with tank weight.

Next Tour skate I bought was Code E-2 on clearout, a size down from the G80. I wish 1/2 sizes were available, the 7 was JUST barely long enough but I had a hell of a time trying to break them in. Boot needed quite a bit of punching at the ankle bones to provide comfort, but since then have been great. I still skate on these after 3 relatively hard years and sure they have broken done considerably, but I don't do as much inline hockey now. Other beef with these was the Hummr chassis was 4x76mm wheels, I think size 8 and up is when 4x80mm were found; which is weird because I had a pair of 7.5 Nike boots sent in to Labeda to have the promo swap done and those came back 4x80mm. Anyways

I could never get rid of lace bite with my Tour skates.

We did have a problem with lace bite years ago and that prompted us to change our tonques. By doing this, we have virtually eliminated the lace bite and made our skates lighter in the process. Lace bite sucks, sorry about that.

Chad, if im wearing an 11.5-12 shoe and a 10.5 reebok, 11 easton, what size would I be in Tour skates? Like a code-1 ex for instance.

I think if you wanted to fit right into the Code 1 Ex skate then you would go with the 10.5, but if you wanted a little "wiggle" room for comfort, then an 11 would work out well. That is the norm with us, a size to size and a half down from shoe size.

Skating in a pair of Code 1's or Carbons, too lazy to go out and look, after being on Mission skates for years. They have far exceeded my expectations. If I had to buy another pair of skates I would take a good look at Tour's.