Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

this guy

Those of you who work in a pro shop-

go for it man, work some place where you can have some fun and you know what your doing, and most parents of young kids are easy to deal with because they have no idea what they are really talking about... ;)

I say do it. You cant really go wrong. You get deals on equipment, learn more about the stuff, and i dunno, when I truly help someone, or make a kid real happy with something he has bought, it makes me happy too.

You are right! Lexan or polycarbonate is MUCH more shatter resistant than plexiglass. The worst problem is that every once in a while, the grinding wheel will explode! This is especially true with brand new ones that might have been dropped on the floor. Gently bang the wheel when it is free in your hand to hear it ring. If it "thuds" instead of rings, it has a microcrack.

And, of course, it is always possible to get a small bit of stone or steel in your eye as you grind.