Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bravada 442

Help Searching Who Owns a Domain?

Question for you computer guys out there...

One of my competitors in my field of business was just recently busted by another company for cybersquatting i.e. - purchasing a domain name very similar to another companies domain, and then redirecting that domain to their own site.

This is a federal offense, and I'd like to find out what other domain names this guy owns.

I was able to do a who is lookup on the name that I know the guy owns and it says that he owns another 187+ domains. I'm interested in finding which domains he has that start with the letter G (which is the first letter in the name of my company.)

Is there any way to do this for free?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT - I do have the email address that the "webmaster" uses to register all the sites, if that helps.

google your specific question? Or go to tech boards. Where did you go for your whois?

You'll probably find better results there. I had a buddy who used to have the tools to do this. IIRC he designed his own program to search for this. I don't know of a place on the web that has this capabilities. Shame he's dead.

I was able to do a who is lookup on the name that I know the guy owns and it says that he owns another 187+ domains. I'm interested in finding which domains he has that start with the letter G (which is the first letter in the name of my company.)

I don't know any way to do that. I always use whois to look up domain ownership, but I'm usually looking for specific names.