Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

DC or Fairfax Virginia

One of the guys that has played with us for the last couple seasons has wrapped up his stint at the Army War College and is relocating to the area. He said the Fairfax rink is closest but doesn't mind driving a bit for hockey. Good guy, will do anything you ask and works his butt off. If you have any suggestions or know someone that is looking for a player in that area, please let me know.

Thanks

One of the guys that has played with us for the last couple seasons has wrapped up his stint at the Army War College and is relocating to the area. He said the Fairfax rink is closest but doesn't mind driving a bit for hockey. Good guy, will do anything you ask and works his butt off. If you have any suggestions or know someone that is looking for a player in that area, please let me know.

Thanks

one of my teams could use a player, what's his skill level?

Skill level is the biggest thing, because there is huge disparity in the level of play around here. There are leagues of learn to play hockey guys, and there are leagues of former NCAA and ACHA players. Depending on where he fits in on the spectrum, there's always openings for new skaters.

I play out of Arlington, which isn't very far from Fairfax. There are also leagues in Reston and Ashburn, which are a bit further out in the suburbs, but both have solid leagues.

Kettler Capital Iceplex is a good bet. It's in Arlington, not far from Fairfax or DC.

Ashburn is a bit more of a drive, maybe 45-60 minutes, but that is also a good rink.

Depends on where he's coming from too... if he's west of Fairfax, Ashburn could be negligibly further than Arlington potentially.

For me in Arlington, driving to Ashburn is like driving to Texas. It seems so far away!

Factor in Traffic and the new hotlanes. 66 is not viable these days and the Dulles toll road is getting there. I highly suggest Fairfax ice rink or Mt. Vernon