Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dan_The_Man_16

Bauer Supreme 6000's

Hey guys, just wondering your opininons on these skates...My Grafs are hurting my foot WAY to much to be wearing them all the time so when I trade them in I can get these and like $15 back casue they are on such a good sale price.

On a side note, I also have a chance to get a pair of hot (no not good looking) Bauer 8090s for $200. I morally think it's wrong, but in some ways, it is almost justifiable. Just wondering what you guys think of that.

My friend had them, and for the price he said they were a good skate. I personally wouldn't buy the skates. Knowing what a competative business hockey gear is and getting to know guys who run shops, its wrong. There will be guys on here who will tell you to go for it, but if you really want 8090s they're only about $90 more at Cyclone.

Hes pretty hard on skates and broke them down within a year. If you're easier on them, then they're good. He liked the fit and hes a Bauer guy, but he said nothing about them was amazing.

Just to confirm, thats $200 CDN Kosy, so its more like $130 Canadian, but it doesn't matter anymore anyways, because my LHS sized me wrong, and so they gave me a free pair of Graf 609's if i traded in my 502's.

The 6000s are a good skate, but be weary of the quarter material which is nubuck. It's a bit heavier and will soak up more water than the nylon quarters on any of their other skates. Otherwise, quality is fine, but I had an insole problem with mine (the right foot was cut too long) but I'm sure it was just an isolated incident.