Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LkptTiger

Compatability?

I snapped the toe of one of my True-1s, so I am looking for some kind of blade-replacement option. I was actually wondering if I could cut the stick low enough, then spend the following three hours of my life filing the foam and stuff out of the shaft, to accept a Jr. tapered blade (namely, a Jr. wood R2).

I know this sounds fairly stupid, so maybe I should explain WHY I would want to do this before questions reguarding my motives begin rolling in: I figure the Jr. R2 blade would be a little bit lighter than the Sr. It's not so much the weight of the stick I am worried about as much as the balance, which I feel is probably the best feature of the True-1. I figure the weight saved at the blade-end of the stick will help to keep the balance-point close to where it is on my other two, "healthy" sticks.

If the blade throws it off and you're not using a butt end, what you can try to do is take a butt end, put it in the shaft and cut the butt end flush so that there's a wood plug in the end of the shaft, but nothing extending the stick's length.

Makes sense. Since I am not currently using an end-plug at all, I think that might be what I end up doing. I'm glad I kept all my old end-plugs that I have accumulated over the years.

Since I still have two more True-1s, this really isn't an issue that has to be dealt with immediately. I am thinking that I might just buy myself a Jr. R2 blade and see if I can't get it to fit somehow. If not: I still have room to fit a Sr. blade in there. I'm in no rush (unless one of the others snaps :angry: ). I'll let you guys know once I try it out, which might be a week or so.