Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thepandamancan

When to replace blade?

So I play on a smooth asphalt/concrete surface and use an ABS blade. When should I start thinking about replacing the blade? It plays pretty smooth since the wear on it is pretty even, maybe slightly more worn towards the heel. However, I've noticed that I've ground the thing down about half an inch.

I swap it out when either of the following two things happen:

1. It breaks to the point where it is not usable
  2. My shots consistently feel off because the blade doesn't have enough structure and flexes

The lie on the outdoor blades tend to be high for me, so I get a lot more wear towards the heel of the blade.

If you're changing it because of wear, just change it when its worn too much. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, but for surfaces that eat away at your blade, every person will have different tolerance what's too much and what's acceptable. If you feel like you can't handle the puck/ball because of blade wear, then it's time to change. It's ultimately a personal choice.