Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Netminder32

New Graf Goalie Skates

newgraf.jpg

No information on these, possibly a GoalieMonkey exclusive product or a first look at next years skates. Either way, look great! I love the green stitching.

Definitely an SMU of the old Goaler Pro skate. There are a couple of noteworthy changes, like the even more streamlined cowling, the Airnet liner from the Ultra-G series, and the G50's synthetic material on the Achilles pad, instead of that old white foam that disintegrated in about eight weeks.

In fact, they are a Goaliemonkey 'Special Edition':

yhst-90879101131287_2113_91488467.jpg

There's also an all-white 'Limited Edition.' Good stuff for guys who are hooked on the feel of the old Graf boots but want something a little less bulky.

Too bad they have that crappy carbon blade. When is graf going to copy RBK like Bauer did and put some stainless on their skates. Also, make it replaceable. I feel so bad when someone comes in with a pair of grafs for sharpening, knowing the steel is so soft and not going to last too long.

Definitely an SMU of the old Goaler Pro skate. There are a couple of noteworthy changes, like the even more streamlined cowling, the Airnet liner from the Ultra-G series, and the G50's synthetic material on the Achilles pad, instead of that old white foam that disintegrated in about eight weeks.

In fact, they are a Goaliemonkey 'Special Edition':

yhst-90879101131287_2113_91488467.jpg

There's also an all-white 'Limited Edition.' Good stuff for guys who are hooked on the feel of the old Graf boots but want something a little less bulky.

Supposedly there will be a new Graf cowling incorporating all of that, plus a One100-style cutout and a couple other mystery features, for 2011. Supposedly...

Personally, I wouldn't touch Graf's goalie skates with a ten-foot pole, but that's because 1) they don't fit me, at all, and 2) I hate the steel, the blade-length, the way the cowling interacts with the ice -- in fact, everything about the way the skate behaves.

That said, there are a lot of guys who love the skates, and more power to them: they help keep their sharpeners in business.