Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
tamtamg

Bauer Vapor X:60

Product: Custom Bauer Vapor X:60 (size 6.5EEEE/B)

Ht: 5'7"

Wt: 210 lbs (I'm a fatty)

Foot Size: Size 8 sneakers, 7.5 dress shoe

Foot Type: Duck like would be a good description. Med-Low arch. High Volume.

FEET PICS WARNING

Foot 1

Foot 2

Level and Use: B/C league 3/week. Since January

Previous Skates: One95, U+Pro Reloaded, Original U+, Supreme 70, Vapor XXXX, RBK 5K, Nike Air Accel Elite

Pics of Skates:

Skate Pic 1

Skate Pic 2

Fit: These skates were custom made for my feet. So needless to say, they fit as close to perfect as they can get. Only minor flaw is that the toe cap is still not wide enough for my feet. My pinky toe still rubs a little against the sides, even though I requested the widest toe cap possible. 9/10

Blade/Holder: I'm a LS2 guy through and through. Not much I can gripe against the holder and the stock steel. 10/10

Weight/Protection: These skates aren’t heavy, nor are they considerably light. They weigh exactly how you would expect a top end skate should weigh. I've taken a few hard slappers to the side of the boots, didn't feel anything worse than a slight amount of pressure to my foot. 10/10

Durability: Everything has held up pretty well. Just a few minor points. Some of the stitching in the boot has begun to fall off, though it hasn't effected the performance the skate. Also the skate's graphics are easily rubbed off with any contact from a puck. Pic of puck mark

Also the liner on the tendon guard is beginning to tear(Pic). 9/10

Intangibles: First I want to address Bauer's custom skate program. It's really quite amazing the amount of customization that Bauer allows in their skates and how easily it was to have them done. For my skates alone, I got double stitched & extra stiff boot, extra vamping, flexlite toe cap, re-enforced/attached tendon guard, and re-enforced eyelets. The skate could have been further customized with different liner, tongue, and other options I can't think of off the top of my head. If you are buying a top of the line skate, I would highly recommend getting customs done to get exactly the skate you want.

I do have one little gripe however. The initial build quality was a bit on the shoddy side. As you can see in the pics, it looked like the seamstress was a little off when sowing my boot up(Pic 1 Pic 2) Also, there is a weird fold in the bottom on the boot(Pic). None of this had an effect on the skates performance. 9.5/10

Conclusion: The Bauer X:60 is an amazing skate. There is a reason why its the top skate in the NHL. If you are looking to buy a top of the line skate, you can't go wrong with the X:60. I would also recommend that if you have freaky feat like me, or want your skates made a specific way, spend the extra ~$75 to have customs made for you.

OVERALL: 9.5/10

Edited by tamtamg

Product: Custom Bauer Vapor X:60 (size 9EEE/A)

Ht: 6'

Wt: 390 lbs (I'm a big guy!)

Foot Size: Size 12 sneaker, 11 dress shoe

Foot Type: Wide foot with a normal heel.

Level and Use: Beer League. Use for about two games. August 2011

Previous Skates: Old pair of Nikes with an extremely soft boot.

Fit: I had these skates custom made as no other skate in the market would fit my foot. These are perfect. My only problem is the toe cap as my pinky toe as well rubs against the toe cap making it uncomfortable sometimes. 9/10

Blade/Holder: LS2 steel and I can't complain at all since it is the only steel I have skated on so far. Nothing much to say about the holder honestly as it's holding up quite well. 9/10

Weight/Protection: These skates are heavier than my old Nikes, but that's because these skates are a better build and more durable. I have taken a few wristers off of them and I barely even noticed it till the goalie said "Nice save" to me. 9/10

Durability: These are holding up quite well since I have been using them. The one problem I do have is that when I got them, a lot of the stitching seemed to be just dangling like they used too much of it. It doesn't affect the skates use but for me it's more of an aesthetic thing for my self. I how ever take care of these skates like they are my baby. So I carefully put them on and carefully take them off each time. 10/10

Intangibles: I got these skates in a 4 stiffness as I'm a big guy and I need it for when crossing over. I feel as if Bauer has done an amazing job with their customizing application. I got exactly what I wanted and even then some! 9/10

Conclusion: I love this skate so much that it's a shame I can't get another one when this one wears out. I just hope it lasts me a few years. If I could, I would have bought two pairs just in case! I can see why a lot go with this skate and to get it custom made, Even more amazing! I tell people all the time how much I love and adore these skates.

OVERALL: 9 / 10

Edited by Vulcan7905