Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

Concussion damage can mimic ALS

The finding’s relevance to Gehrig is less clear. But the Yankees legend had a well-documented history of significant concussions on the baseball field, and perhaps others sustained as a battering-ram football halfback in high school and at Columbia University. Given that, it’s possible that Gehrig’s renowned commitment to playing through injuries like concussions, which resulted in his legendary streak of playing in 2,130 consecutive games over 14 years, could have led to his condition.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/18/sports/18gehrig.html?_r=1

Given that I had 7 serious concussions during my competitive hockey "career" this scares the crap out of me. I had a brain MRI when I experienced post-concussion symptoms after concussion #5 and was told that everything was all clear and that allowed me to play the game in college (which led to 2 more concussions). I'm thinking it might be time to get checked out again, especially given my recent troubles sleeping.