Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
DolomaticDangles

2010 Warrior Dolomite Spyne

2010 Warrior Dolomite Spyne LH

Flex:70

Curve:Draper

Backround: 6'0" 135 pounds, on the ice 3+ times a week.

Other sticks used: TPS R8,CCM U+ CL, Dolomite DD, Warrior Kronik to name a few

Usage: Around 12 sessions

Aesthetics: I love the graphics on this stick, much much better then the 2009 Dolomite Spyne. It looks really clean and simple, but at the same time you can appreciate the detail if you look at it up close. 10/10

Weight and Balance: Its not the lightest stick on the market, but its very well balanced. I have a 3' wood plug in and the balance point is right between dolomite and spyne. Could be lighter, but no big issues here. 9/10

Blade: I love Warrior blades. It takes a little getting used to at first, but I love the feel of the blade. The blade is still extremely stiff after about 12 ice times. I cant really tell a difference between the DD blade and last years HD blade, the DD might have a little better feel.No complaints. 9.5/10

Shaft/Flex: I love the shaft, the concave walls make it feel super nice in my hands. It feels a little stiffer then a 65 flex S19, about the same as an XN10 whip. It has not gotten any whippier since I got it. 10/10

Stickhandling and Passing: At first passing feels really pingy, the puck bounces off the blade, but after a few minutes of passing in warmups I pretty much adjusted to it. Stickhandling is great, its a nice light stick and like I said before, the feel is awesome, so 9.5/10

Shooting: I couldn't shoot for my life with the U+CL, it felt very akward. Shooting is where this stick is really awesome. The Spyne technology in the blade is unreal, I think my shots are much more consistent with it, and it has awesome kick. It's a 70 flex so I have no trouble loading it up on wristers. I don't really take slapshots, but on the few occasions I have, its had good velocity.

10/10

Durability: Nothing has happened yet, none of the chrome paint has chipped which is surprising, there is a yellow paint mark from a nasty slash, but nothing else

10/10

Conclusion: Awesome stick, definitely an improvement over the 2009 Spyne which felt unbalanced and heavy to me. Warrior definitely did an awesome job with the upgrade, and I'm sure it will improve again for 2011.

9.5/10