Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Champeen

Vapors: Do all models fit roughly the same?

I quess I'm asking specifically-- If I buy some X:20s to skate in for a couple months to see if I like the stance/radius/fit of the vapor line, with the idea of buying some higher end skates (probably x:60s) around Christmas, will they essentially fit the same in terms of volume, length, ankle lock, etc.?

I quess I'm asking specifically-- If I buy some X:20s to skate in for a couple months to see if I like the stance/radius/fit of the vapor line, with the idea of buying some higher end skates (probably x:60s) around Christmas, will they essentially fit the same in terms of volume, length, ankle lock, etc.?

imo, no. went in to the shop thinking i was gonna end up with either x40's or x50's(was leaning towards the 40's due to lower price and skill level) but ended up with x60's purely due to fit. both were noticeably narrower to me than the 60's, which fit my foot as close to perfect as i've tried on for any skate i've ever had.

The idea in the fit is the same, but there are factors like the internals and externals of the skate that can make them to seem they fit diff. I'm not saying the lasts are identical for all the Vapors from the 05 to the 60, but the idea of the fit I'm pretty sure remains the same.

Not to threadjack, but...can I expect the same kind of fit between the ice and roller boots? I have vapor RX05 roller skates and they fit me perfectly. I want to start playing ice and I plan to get vapor ice skates as well.