Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Tryouts in a week. Need some suggestions

So tryouts for me are next Sunday. I have been training pretty hard and feel ready, but what should I do the week before? I don't want to do too much during that week, but I also don't want to do nothing. Also, any suggestions on diet for the week in hopes of storing some long term energy? Is Carb-loading a good idea?

Thanks.

Stay limber and flexible. Maybe continue you your workouts but use less weight just to keep the muscle activated.

Plenty of grilled chicken and pasta. Just don't over do it and over eat.

Carb loading is a great idea. You can do whatever during the week but its the last two days before you tryout that you need your rest and nutrition. Just eat either 3 big meals, or 2 big meals with lots of snacks

Hit the ice a couple of times too. You don't want to show up to try outs rusty needing a couple of days to get sharp. You want to make an impact right away.

I've found that light jogging and yoga as well as ice time during the week leading up to tryouts have always been helpful.

Get your skates taken care of. Get them sharpened and if you don't like them 'brand new' sharp go for a skate or two so that they're good to go and your not thinking about them during the first day or two of tryouts.

make sure you are hydrated too. That's very important. 2 litres of water a day should do it. A bit more if you workout. You should keep on working out lightly to stay alert as it's already been mentionned