Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

whizbang

need a new skate for a friend.....

hey guys. teaching a friend of mine how to play the game. he picked up a pair of old proto v's at a yard sale for $1. when this kid skates both ankles are ALWAYS bent at a 45 degree angle (its bad). SO bad in fact that he ripped (not the chassis from the boot) the plastic outsole from the boot.

so now the kid needs new skates, and i want to get him a high cut, super stiff, affordable roller hockey skate.

whats out there?

I got the most recent update of those mission skates as my first pair and they were terrible. Instead of tearing the boot, I ended up bending the chassis.

The Bauer Vapor RX05 is what I ended up getting to replace the missions and I love em. For around 100 bucks, the low end 05 model has a very stiff boot for a beginner. Although you might want to go up a model for just a little more stiffness and easier break in time.

hey guys. teaching a friend of mine how to play the game. he picked up a pair of old proto v's at a yard sale for $1. when this kid skates both ankles are ALWAYS bent at a 45 degree angle (its bad). SO bad in fact that he ripped (not the chassis from the boot) the plastic outsole from the boot.

so now the kid needs new skates, and i want to get him a high cut, super stiff, affordable roller hockey skate.

whats out there?

i wouldn't be so worried if he is buying brand new skates that are properly fitted to him. the $1 garage sale skates were probably worn out with no stiffness and too big. i've seen a lot of novice skaters with skates too big and their ankles do the same thing. he probably just needs proper fitting skates and some skating lessons.

Whiz - Any chance of you uploading what the skates look like? Just to see the condition of the skate. I've skated (and still have) in the VSi skates and they were good to me. What I did notice about the skates is that you have to have strong ankles due to the lack of ankle support from those skates. Coming from a roller hockey skate to a ice skate, I would recommend going with an ice boot and using the chassis from the old boot.

Edit: Forgot to mention that those skates have very little to no lace bite protection. Which is another reason that I went with an ice boot conversion.