Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
number21

Warrior Hitman Elbow

After pain falling several times falling with Bauer Supreme 30, I decided to give the Warrior Hitman elbows a try when I saw them on sale onlie. I have been using them since summer 2009.

Fit

I went with Medium and luckily they fit fine without trying them on. They fit snug on the elbow and don't move much at all with that "elbow cradle" (hole) for the point of the elbow. I really like the sling wrap, it's light and adds some extra support. The for arm strap adds lots of protection but isn't too stiff. The only thing I don't like is the bicep strap. It's made to integrate with the warrior line of shoulders. For me it's just too loose, unless I Velcro the elbows to my shoulder bicep cap and then use the shoulder strap on the elbows. That's too much and feels weird. 9/10 (only because of the bicep strap - that may be changed for the '10)

Protection

The protection seems great. I have hit the ice several times and not had a bit of pain with them. They have the soft outer cap that seems to adsorb impact really well. Way better than my previous Supreme 30s with a hard cap. After 1.5 years of use someone did get me with a blade on the forearm on Sunday, but I didn't even get a bruise. To me these elbows are long enough. 10/10

Weight

I never think about them while playing. So I guess that's light enough. 10/10

Durability

1.5 years and they still look fine, the lining is intact, stitching is good, padding is still soft and no pilling. So I am happy again. 10/10

Intangibles

The Hitman elbows are plenty low-profile and unobtrusive. They have never gotten caught on my jersey. All the Velcro lays flat and also doesn't catch on my jersey.

Conclusion

I am very pleased with the Warrior Hitman elbows. Like I said, I haven't had a bit of pain from spills on the ice in these and I fall enough. I don't give them a second thought when I am on the ice, they don't slide and they don't catch. So the Hitman has taken care of the three things that my old elbows did that bugged me. If it wasn't for the loose bicep straps these would get a perfect score from me. Overall 9.5/10