Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thepandamancan

Wearing Ice Pants in Goal?

Would wearing regular ice pants be an alternative to wearing goalie pants when playing ball hockey or some pick up roller hockey?

I'm new to playing goal and for ball hockey I would just wear an inline girdle, but if I'm dealing with pucks I'd probably need something a little better. To save some money and cause I'm having a hard time finding a pair of pants that fit me (5'5"/32" waist) could I just get by with my Bauer Vapor 30Xs? It's got some decent front of the hip protection and I wear my C/A on the outside and it covers that unprotected area fairly well.

Would wearing regular ice pants be an alternative to wearing goalie pants when playing ball hockey or some pick up roller hockey?

I'm new to playing goal and for ball hockey I would just wear an inline girdle, but if I'm dealing with pucks I'd probably need something a little better. To save some money and cause I'm having a hard time finding a pair of pants that fit me (5'5"/32" waist) could I just get by with my Bauer Vapor 30Xs? It's got some decent front of the hip protection and I wear my C/A on the outside and it covers that unprotected area fairly well.

Could you get away with it? Yes. Would you probably get a couple stingers every skate? Yes.

Honestly, I would think that getting a pair of player pants would be a WORSE fit than finding a pair of goalie pants. Player pants are going to be longer already. If you wear a size medium at your height that will just compound the problem.

My advice would be to look around eBay or the goaliestore forum for some cheap, serviceable pants in your size (and use the Vapors in the meantime). You should be able to find a pair for $30 - $50, shipped. Hell, I'd give you my 9.8s if I didn't need them to get me through another month (and if they were a size smaller). This will also save your player pants from getting beaten up. Good luck!

Use goalie pants when playing goal whether it's on ice or roller/ball. Well, I guess that you could get away with a girdle/shell when playing ball hockey but I wouldn't recommend it. You can find some very good pants for decent money, although they will probably have a few miles on them, but you will be much further ahead in the long run.

::m

Can you get intermediate sized pants in the correct waist size? If not, you might have to either look for a set for sale with shorter legs or go the custom route and order them that way.

::m

Ive been playing inline puck goalie for years and ive only ever worn ice player pants. If you get a decent pair they provide ample protection. Ive never gotten a stinger where my pants are. If you think about it most shots hit your chest glove blocker or leg pads anyways. Ive rarely been hit in the pants. Plus the added agility and less bulkiness helps your play alot. and to be honest unless your playing college, semi pro, or pro ice hockey your not gonna face any players like shea weber firing 106mph shots. All in all player pants provide plenty of protection and in my opinion are better for inline. Just never forget your cup