Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MushyBushy

Help needed with chassis choice

I'm converting some size 7 Easton SE16's from ice to roller. According to hockeymonkey this size is right on the upper limits of needing a small (Mission) chassis. Only problem is my current skates take a medium & I'm worried about having a chassis that feels too small when I'm skating

So, if anyones converted some size 7 skates can you tell me what chassis you used?

In terms of what to buy, is the Mission Vanguard a good option? There's both magnesium & alloy models on HM for $140/$100, or I found these on ebay which I think are just the older models? Link

I'm not sure about the sprung setup, not sure if it's for me

Thanks guys

I have not converted a size 7 but I would go with the slightly bigger then slightly smaller. It may take a little getting used to but I would rather have the chasis slightly long the to short. Also I think the med can accept bigger wheels.

That's what I was thinking, but if anyone has converted their sz 7 Eastons I'd be interested to hear from you

I know there are a lot of pages but you should look in the ice to inline conversion thread.

heres my 2 cents. i have a pair of easton s15's in a size 7.0R. and a pair of ccm U+pro's in a size 6.5. the eastons have a small hummer with straight 72mm set up. the ccms have a small mission mag chassis. personal pref i like the small hummer with straight 72s. im lower. quicker. turn tighter. i love it despite being SLOWER then everyone else. the mission small frame still uses 76mm/80mm wheels so on a smaller skate you have about and inch of wheel in front of the toe cap and heel. its feels like your in speed skates and i dont like it! i bought the cms used already converted for $125 and i HATE the boot, and the frame!

I wear a size 7 Vapor and used a small Vanguard chassis on it. The wheelbase is exactly the same as the Medium (also used one of those on a pair of size 7.5 skates I converted) the only difference between the medium and small chassis is the location of the bracket that mounts to the outsole. Medium will fit on a size 7 sole, but a small fits better (more room to adjust).

love your style... i have a pair of the white se16's with mission mag's on em (and to answer the part of the question, they're size 9 with a medium, and it comes out just right, so i'd say the small chassis would be a good fit). loved em, until i blocked a shot and busted one of the rivet holders on the mag, now the chassis is tearing itself out of the boot. easton's don't make great inline boots since they don't have a solid plate on the bottom of the boot (like bauer and reebok does). they just sorta have the materials folded over the bottom of the boot, so it's really kinda weak. but ya, they're pretty stellar imo. just don't block shots and you'll be fine.