Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

msander

CCM Vector Pro E width

Ok, at the moment I have some XXs in D width that are just making the sides of my feet ache, much too narrow. I've tried on the 8090s and they were a great fit in D width, but I have been told they are a much wider skate traditionally than other bauers. So my question is, would a Vector Pro E width be too wide for my foot? The only LHS around me that carries Vectors is far away and not having a vehicle...very difficult to get to. If someone could give me an idea, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

FWIW, in a Bauer XX I wear a EE width while in the CCM Externo (guessing that the fit is similar to the Vector Pro) I wear a D width. Just to add another data point, I tried on a pair of EE 8090s the other day which felt a little wide, I'll be trying on a pair of D width 8090s tomorrow night.

it might not be the width. I got custom XXs and the still made the sides of my feet ache. try adding a heel lift under the foot beds. this might help beacause it will make the slope of the boot straighter rather than flat on the heel and then sloping down to the toe. try going to an HS where the people know how to do things like this... its hard to explain over the internet but i hope you get a general idea of what im trying to say

Well I wore CCMs my whole life up until about 2 years ago, when I tried a pair of Z-airs, hated them, and made the move to XXs. CCM skates have always fit my foot really well, I'm just not sure if this will be too wide for my foot.

It's really hard to say, your 8090's may be the right width but the boot itself might not be deep enough for your foot. Pull the tongue all the way back with your foot in the skate, then take a ruler and put it across the 3rd eyelets, if your foot protrudes above and touches the ruler then the boot is way too shallow for your foot.

Many people make the mistake of thinking a boot is too narrow when in reality the width is perfectly fine but the boot just isn't deep enough, i've made this mistake myself before and learned the hard way.

the 8090 is one of the deepest volume skates on the market...did you mean to say his XX's?

many people mistake width = volume