Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wildcat85

Pro Stock Kovalchuk stick?

So im thinking bout getting a prostock Kovy stick :) I want to try a toe curve but i dont want something as stiff as his prostock. Is the slovak curve on the warrior customizer website similar to the kovy prostock curve??? I want his curve on a OPS but i want a whippy stick. Thanks for your reply

Why not try the Gionta curve? Pick up a replacement blade or even a 2011 Dolo on clearance. It's not as big of a toe hook as Kovy's stick but if you just want to see how they play, its a great curve. It'll be cheaper than getting a Kovy pro stock, which you already mentioned is stiffer than you want.

The Slovak pro that Warrior has is a copy of Hossa's pro curve. It is not very similar to the Kovy pro stock in the fact that it is very open at the toe. I did not like the Base BC01 (their copy of the Hossa curve) because of this fact.

Why not try the Gionta curve? Pick up a replacement blade or even a 2011 Dolo on clearance. It's not as big of a toe hook as Kovy's stick but if you just want to see how they play, its a great curve. It'll be cheaper than getting a Kovy pro stock, which you already mentioned is stiffer than you want.

The Slovak pro that Warrior has is a copy of Hossa's pro curve. It is not very similar to the Kovy pro stock in the fact that it is very open at the toe. I did not like the Base BC01 (their copy of the Hossa curve) because of this fact.

The base bc01 doesnt look anywhere close tho the actual pro stick hossas i have. More open with less hook than his real curve. Im pretty sure the warrior hossa is closer to his real curve

Yea i understand lol yea i wanted a Kovy prostock because it is a big toe with a very closed face :) thanks for the help

I know it is not quite the same, but I went back to a AK27 xl 100 flex with an ak27 gionta after mainly using an APX and a Miken Z9. I must say, it shot harder during warmups and felt better balanced for me than either the Bauer or the Miken. I do not get it! Something about the flex profile of the AK feels like it loads similarly to what I remember wood sticks performed like. It could be the fact that the AK is broken in and the APX and Miken are not.

HAHAH! My original intent of this was not to talk stick performance, I think it has more to do with the curve. I can stick handle like a dream with the neutral flat portion of the Gionta like the p91a but I can catch hard passes on the move move easier with the Gionta than the p91a due to the toe cradling and calming the spin of the puck. I sure would love an APX with a gionta or Kovalchuk on it! That would fire rockets! There...my ramblin is done!

Dude ak27 sticks are great :D i like my RS alittle more though ;) i get 5 ak27 sticks a year for free from my team cause we get sponsered by warrior :) i get gloves, pants, sticks all for free with team colors and symbols XD

Dude ak27 sticks are great :D i like my RS alittle more though ;) i get 5 ak27 sticks a year for free from my team cause we get sponsered by warrior :) i get gloves, pants, sticks all for free with team colors and symbols XD

I am using the AK27 extra long shaft and AK27 blade. I really like the feel and balance of the stick, but I really like my APX in game situations. You are lucky, I just got a pair of Luxe gloves. I wish they were free!