Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Invert

Tron Hockey Wheels

yhst1288239333160352146.jpg

Picked a set of these up off hockeytron.com for my Cobalt Q's. They came in the mail today, they seem a bit hard and seem like they are going to need to wear in a bit. I'm guessing they'll end up one for one skate and I'll go back to Eschelons, but for $1.49 a wheel, it is worth a shot.

Anyone else see/try these?

Picked a set of these up off hockeytron.com for my Cobalt Q's. They came in the mail today, they seem a bit hard and seem like they are going to need to wear in a bit. I'm guessing they'll end up one for one skate and I'll go back to Eschelons, but for $1.49 a wheel, it is worth a shot.

how is the rebound (speed)? i've tried a few cheap wheels and hated them because they didn't rebound well and therefore have too much rolling resistance - feels like skating through sand. perhaps these wernt so bad since they were harder, which brings me to my next question: grip? sounds like you're not too happy if you are only going to skate once on them.

I can't really say on how they skate yet, but they are the absolute hardest wheels I have ever felt. You know how most inline wheels bounce if you drop them? Not these, they just drop like a rock. So unless they have some kind of unreal gripping, I just seeing them being bad. But you get what you pay for. I figure at that price they might be worth a shot.

what Eschelon wheel were you using?

The Apocalypse ones. They might be my favorite wheel I've ever used.

not enough grip for me but, I liked the way they wore down, not a single crack or split. so how about the tron wheels whats the feed back?

You know how most inline wheels bounce if you drop them? Not these, they just drop like a rock.

probably a good indication they have really poor rebound - you lose the energy when the wheel is compressed rather than it rebounding fast enough to return the energy. basically like riding a bike with the tires half deflated.

probably a good indication they have really poor rebound - you lose the energy when the wheel is compressed rather than it rebounding fast enough to return the energy. basically like riding a bike with the tires half deflated.

These wheels r made in china and cost about 45cents so u should not expect much from them just hope they last long on a outdoor surface as for indoor dont waste your money!!

Further update, skated two shifts on them and they were WAY too hard. They are now selling the wheels as blem outdoor wheels.

Definitely low end wheels but this promo should make them a bit more palatable:

http://www.hockeytron.com/ht04282011.html

Jumped on that... One of the rinks I play at uses a waxed wood floor (like a basketball court). I use Labeda Asphalts on that surface and they work good for me (I weigh 260lbs). For $17.00 shipped to me, I will give the Tron's a try... They will for sure be used at a pick-up game though first rather than a real game!