Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GSH13

Mac - Stopping Automatic Downoad

So Im taking an online class this quarter and I've ran across an issue that's extremely frustrating while using Safari. When I click on classmates drafts, etc to download them, they are automatically downloaded to my downloads folder with the original file name. As most people don't use the same naming system/organization as I do for files I end up with a bunch of files in my downloads folder named 9872358.docx, fjoihg.docx, firstdraft45987.docx...you get the point.

I'd like the ability to rename the files and specify where I want them in before they are downloaded all cluttered like to the downloads folder. Is this possible? Or do I need to use a different browser. It seems like a very simplistic request, but the only setting I can find just changes the downloads folder to another folder, which would only result in another folder full of unorganized files that I have to sort through, rename and relocate.

Any help?

"Right click" (two finger click) on the download link and select "Save Linked File As..." for a file. Sometimes when you "right click", it'll say "Download Linked File As..." Both do the same thing, I don't know why one saves "Download" and one says "Save", but they will give you the option to rename files and select which folder you download them too.