Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adictd2b00st

Adult hockey in Philly/Bethlehem PA area

As the title implies, I'm moving down to Bethlehem PA, about an hour north of Philadelphia. For some reason whenever I mention hockey to the locals there they all look at me like I am crazy or something...there HAS to be a rink around there!? Can someone point me in the right direction? Skate and Shoot, Pick-up, Leagues, whatever. Thanks in advance!

There's the aforementioned steel ice center as well as the lehigh valley ice arena as far as ice in the allentown/bethlehem area.

If you follow rt. 309 south you'll find the hatfield ice arena and i believe there's another rink that way as well but i'm not positive.

Steel Ice is a much superior facility to the LV arena. Hatfield Ice is at least 30 minutes from Bethlehem, I've never driven directly to the rink from there. Outside of Hatfield you're going much farther out of your to reach the other rinks, with not too much to gain. I'd start with Steel Ice. Here's the Hatfield site: hatfieldice.com

Steel Ice is a much superior facility to the LV arena. Hatfield Ice is at least 30 minutes from Bethlehem, I've never driven directly to the rink from there. Outside of Hatfield you're going much farther out of your to reach the other rinks, with not too much to gain. I'd start with Steel Ice. Here's the Hatfield site: hatfieldice.com

Thanks guys, looks like I'll start with Steel Ice! Really appreciate the replies, I haven't skated in over a month and really need to get back on the ice haha

Thanks guys, looks like I'll start with Steel Ice! Really appreciate the replies, I haven't skated in over a month and really need to get back on the ice haha

Steel ice has the best options. Depending on your age there's a 35 and older league, spring league, etc...open hockey is hit or miss (depending if colleges are in or not). the ice @ SIC is the best in our area. LVIA is not in great shape and only has had one rink up this whole season. PM me if you need any more help.

Hatifeld is a bit of a drive as the congestion to the philly burbs can get bad. Between LV and there used to be melody brook ice rink outside of soudertown as well.

as far as hockey and the locals, get used to it. Around here it's football, basketball, baseball, and scholastic/college wrestling. Hockey is truly a "fringe" sport in the valley. Alot of NASCAR as well.

If you think LV is run down, Melody Brook is even worse. I'm not even sure they're still operating, but the one sheet they have is as long as goal-line to far blue on most rinks.

Melody brrok just came to mind as I was reminiscing about picking up college girls from delval there on the weekends. Aahhhhhh....memories.

Steel ice has the best options. Depending on your age there's a 35 and older league, spring league, etc...open hockey is hit or miss (depending if colleges are in or not). the ice @ SIC is the best in our area. LVIA is not in great shape and only has had one rink up this whole season. PM me if you need any more help.

Hatifeld is a bit of a drive as the congestion to the philly burbs can get bad. Between LV and there used to be melody brook ice rink outside of soudertown as well.

as far as hockey and the locals, get used to it. Around here it's football, basketball, baseball, and scholastic/college wrestling. Hockey is truly a "fringe" sport in the valley. Alot of NASCAR as well.

Yea I'm definitely noticing that, even while watching the news or looking at the paper hockey is like non existent haha I am 29 btw. I probably want to try to find some pickup initially, then look into league play again. Will be sending you a PM