Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Stick Height without skates.....

What do you guys do to get the same height as you do on skates while your practicing with out skates.....A foot stool or what would be good? I am saying this because I need to get use to a new curve and I cant always be on the rink.....

Your thinking of making another shaft for practicing on feet?

Get your skates on. Make a mental note of where your ice shaft comes up to when your are on your skates. Then take the skates off, and cut the shaft at the same mark.

I know that ( thanks though) but i mean I have a woodie cut perfectly with skates on and its the only one I have....and I cant put my skates on so what would I have to do do loose the extra height of the stick so it is like im on skates?

Stand on two of these versasteps, or something like them, and use your regular stick. You get to practice shooting under more real conditions, and improve your balance too.

http://www.power-systems.com/nav/default.aspx?c=3&sc=34

I saw a web site once where a guy made fake "skate shoes" for practicing balance. Can't find it again. He made a flat piece of plywood about the size of his foot, with a strap to hold them onto his shoes. On the bottom of the plywood, there was a thin ~3/8" wide by 1" tall "blade" glued on. He had one on each foot. He used them for step up exercises, etc., but you could use them for shooting.