Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vishi05

Difference between Hot Shots and Hornets?

I bought some World Cup's a few months back and whilst looking into them I was checking up on that very question. The local RR dealer (One of the Hunt brothers) Informed me that the Hornets have a slighty softer outer layer than the Hot Shots. I have never tried these.....But the captain of our team is skating on the Hot Shots ATM and loves them. He had one problem where a wheel chunked from a wayward stick, but this was replaced ASAP by RR via post, 4 day turnaround on Cust. Serv.

If you are a heavy bloke or stop very hard and fast avoid the hornets. If not pick them up as from what I've heard the are well worth the money.

:)

I'm thinking I'm going to go with the 78 hot shots because I weigh roughly 250 lbs.. even though I skate like a ballerina, I'm somewhat rough on wheels.

I thought I remembered reading that they were of different shapes. I think it was that the Hornets had a thinner profile meant for a bit more top end speed wheras the Hot Shots were a bit more rounded for a bit more control in maneuvering, but somebody needs to verify this...

The profile is the same the difference between the wheels is that the Hornets are a Tri pour wheel while the Hotshots are Dual pour, The Hornets have more Mtech"soft Inner" then do the Hotshots. Both profiles are the same.

Both wheels come in the following hardnesses

62A Inner Durometer 76A Outer Durometer = XX grip

62A Inner Durometer 78A Outer Durometer = X Grip

Rememeber thats why our wheels are the best gripping and longest lasting. For grip you average out the hardnesses 62+76 Divided by 2 = 69

69A is the grip you feel while skating, while on straightaways you have the 76A or 78A hardness for speed. The best of both worlds and only Rink Rat has it. As you all know we own the Patents on the Technology.

So I hope that answers a few of your questions, if you have anymore just give me a call or send an email or private message which ever you prefer.

Take care,

Mike

Mr. Hunt....so in terms of pure performance and durability...what is the difference....rebound?

As far as stopping hard and accelerating hard, my son does this as hard as anyone in the sport. He has been using 62/78 Hornets for a large portion of the last 2 years. But at 160 lbs, he is not that heavy as some, so some of the problems people see may be related to weight...Any problems with RR wheels we have seen have been with the whole set, not just one wheel ...and this only once...meaning that the problems were not as a result of skating stress, but probably a bad batch. We did recieve a new replacement set for them as well.