Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ButterySteelo

Bauer Supreme One100 Ice to Roller Conversion

Hello all,

First post, really enjoying the site so far.

I recently got picked up on an adult league team, playing on indoor sport court. I have most recently been playing outside on sandblasted concrete with my Mission Helium He950's? and needless to say they are thrashed. I used to play competitively and want to begin taking adult hockey serious and invest in some new skates. Here is the thing, I don't like the look of the current Mission Skates and I was hoping to get away from the traditional high low and move into a Labeda Hummer chassis. I'm a bigger guy, 6'3 240 lbs, and I've been told the Hummer's are nice for big dudes. I also want something unique to the rink that I play at, i.e. something that nobody really has, but isn't too flashy.

So based on my research,reviews and pictures that I've seen, I've arrived at the Bauer Supreme TotalOne skate. Upon even more research, it seems that the TotalOne is very similar to the One 100, with one of the main differences being the Fusion Ice Runner... which would ultimately be removed from the skate in a roller conversion. Only other differences I see are within the tongue and high ankle areas of the boot (confirm/deny). For this reason, it seems best to go with the One 100 at a cheaper price point.

Now my next concern is the installation of the Labeda Hummer chassis, this is something I really want, but I'm quite uneasy about it at the same time for a few reasons. First, I would want it done correctly. Second, I'm a little concerned about the integrity of the bottom of the boot after the ice frame is removed, the hummer is installed (with presumably new drill holes) and the outsole is dremeled away to accommodate the two front wheels. I'm 240 lbs after all, I don't want the bottom of the boot to be compromised and not be able to support my weight. The outsole looks sturdy enough, but I just don't know.

Bottom line is, I want the One 100 with the labeda hummer frame, and I'm about to pull the trigger and purchase the necessary items to get the ball rolling. But before doing so, I was hoping somebody could either talk me off of the ledge, or offer encouragement to take the plunge.

I thank you all in advance.

-Dave

Do the supremes fit your foot? Another thing you need to be conscious of is that the composite of the boots quarter panels can get extremely worn by the floor you are playing on if you fall or drag the boot at all.

Guys,

Thanks for the replies. As for the surface I'm playing on, it will be sport court indoor only. I don't expect to be falling or sliding enough to do significant damage to the boot on the plastic tiles.. but who knows. As far as the stiffness, as far back as I can remember, I've had a stiff skate that required baking in order to break in etc... as stiff as these, I'm not sure. I've been skating in Mission He 950's and they are so busted, creased up and lost all stiffness imaginable, so this could be an adjustment. But getting back to a skate that properly fits and has good stiffness and support can only help, right?

Thanks again,

-Dave

Your right, the boot should be fine on sportcourt. The one100 is one of the stiffest skates on the market now, so it will be a huge difference over other skates you have. A couple questions that are important: how much do you weigh, how hard of a skater are you, have you tried on or been fitted for the supremes, are looks the only reason why you want the Hum'er chassis?

Your right, the boot should be fine on sportcourt. The one100 is one of the stiffest skates on the market now, so it will be a huge difference over other skates you have. A couple questions that are important: how much do you weigh, how hard of a skater are you, have you tried on or been fitted for the supremes, are looks the only reason why you want the Hum'er chassis?

I weigh about 240 depending on the day. 6 foot 3 inches. Skate hard when needed.. lol. I haven't been, but I of course will be before making purchase. I want the Hummer as I was told it was good for bigger guys and I want a change from high low / something different.

if you fall alot, the one100's will get worn down quickly, even if it is on icecourt/sportcourt.

why would someone say that the hum'er frame is better for bigger dudes? i don't think it really makes a difference... i think you should stick with hi-lo's, as the change in frames is a pretty big difference that a lot of people complain about.

i'm getting rid of my totalone's with hum'er elite chassis because after being baked and 5 months of solid play, my left foot still cramps up in the boot due to the stiffness of the skates. they're great skates, don't get me wrong, but i'mma try out something different and see how that goes.

if you wait a couple months, the new reebok's will be coming out with the hum'er frame.

I'm going to order the skates through Bauer on Friday, after trying some on of course. I'll see if I can post pictures once done. Thank you for your input everyone. I've been skating for about the last 15 years of my life, I'm sure I'll be able to adjust to any differences in terms of stiff boot or chassis. I've had every kind of skate from Rosces with buckle straps to top of the line missions/ccms. I'm excited about the new skates as I haven't had a new pair since the He 950's from 05 and they sure have seen better days!

Thanks again, I'll keep you guys posted.

-Dave

Given your size/weight & the desire to have a unique setup, I'd take a long "stroll" through the Sprung thread before you commit to those Hummers. NOTHING out there handles like them, & they can certainly take a beating from big dudes too. I go about 260 & skate fairly hard. I also block allot of shots & after two years have yet to have a issue with the A7 chassis durability.

2cents.gif

If your a bug dude don't get sprungs. I'm pounder 235 and find that I'm always changing my rocker arms! Don't get me wrong they skate beautifully but there is just no durability. I recommend going for some hi-lo mags

Been using Pro Stock one95s for 5 months now. Play in tournaments almost every other weekend along with 1-2 days during the weekday. You will be absolutely fine. I also have the hummer chassis on my one90s that I use for outdoor when I play street derby with some friends. Any ice boot > roller boot. You have nothing to worry about.

6iqjrb.jpg

If your a bug dude don't get sprungs. I'm pounder 235 and find that I'm always changing my rocker arms! Don't get me wrong they skate beautifully but there is just no durability. I recommend going for some hi-lo mags

Are you on the A6's?

Not sure why you'd want to move away from the Hi-Lo if that's what you're used to - I'd recommend you stay on the Mags if you have them on your current boots. I toyed with the idea of moving to the Hummer for months before converting my one100's, but decided to stay with the Mags for two main reasons.

1. Stick to what you know, and what you're good on. All my research lead to a lot of guys praising the Hummers, but just as many saying they just couldn't get on with them (especially the backwards lean) after moving across from Hi-Lo.

2. Hi-Lo fits onto an ice boot with no need for dremeling, or extra plates to clear the space needed for the all 80 set up.

Here are mine, had them for about 2 months now. Absolutely love them, but they give me a heck of a lot of pain around my left ankle because of the tongue rolling...currently having to pad the hell out of it with sponge and tape the tongue to my leg to keep it in place until they're fully broken in and the tongue is a little softer.

18850064368376316827470.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Worth checking this out for more feedback on the pain: http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php?/topic/56884-pain-from-bauer-one100-tongue/page__pid__872588#entry872588

Here is what they are looking like now boys, in case anybody was interested.

photo-1.jpg

photo.jpg

Very nice conversion.

If you want a tip, plug the remaining holes and apply some silicone where you have dremeled away to get space for the second wheel and in the back where the original bauer plug is situated.

Last week i played a game in a rink that where unbealiveable hot and i ended up being so sweaty in the boot late in the 4:th period that it dripped some on the wheels trough the holes and i couldn't finish the game because i didn't have any grip at all.

My conversion is the Bauer X:60 with the Hum'er chassi.

Very nice conversion.

If you want a tip, plug the remaining holes and apply some silicone where you have dremeled away to get space for the second wheel and in the back where the original bauer plug is situated.

Last week i played a game in a rink that where unbealiveable hot and i ended up being so sweaty in the boot late in the 4:th period that it dripped some on the wheels trough the holes and i couldn't finish the game because i didn't have any grip at all.

My conversion is the Bauer X:60 with the Hum'er chassi.

Thanks for this advice. This is actually something that I spoke about with the guy who did my conversion. He had suggested that we get this done at some point if it were to become a problem. Only one skate on them so far and I hadn't noticed anything of that nature. I play at night and it isn't necessarily hot out, so we will see how it goes.

Thanks again.