Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Machinehead2k5

"Comic Book" Movies Discussion

11 hours ago, Machinehead2k5 said:

Anyone go see Apocalypse this weekend? ANother pretty damn good Marvel movie.

I thought it was ok. A little too much going on and it didnt really feel like they explained what Apocalypse was all about. I didnt really like how the handled Jean either.

16 hours ago, kclark87 said:

I thought it was ok. A little too much going on and it didnt really feel like they explained what Apocalypse was all about. I didnt really like how the handled Jean either.

It was a little rushed in terms of timeline...but overall a pretty good movie.

Weapon X happens waaaaaay before the return of Apocalypse and the Phoenix doesn't rise til Jean is much older which kinda made me befuddled.  Should be interesting to see if Sinister brings back Apocalypse in the next movie if they go that way.

Haven't seen Suicide Squad yet, but not expecting much from what I have heard.

I didn't think the take on Batman and Superman they went for would work for establishing the JL and providing the foundation for DC's films (though I loved the source material they pulled from). That said, my biggest problem with the movie was the narrative holes and the outright messy storytelling. The extended edition added another 30 minutes that actually went a long way to tying together the "mini movies" that Machinehead mentions. Even with the longer run time I enjoyed it a lot more.