Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PETEROD85

Better skates to convert to inline

Was wondering what skates people think would be a better conversion nb one90s or Easton s17s? Bought one90s cheap on eBay and got s17s on sale. I have been having problems with toe caps separating from the outsole. That's why I bought the s17s because of the one piece outsole. Figuring it would eliminate that problem and I think they are closer to a VIP fit which I like.

I was thinking about converting my S17's to inline so I emailed someone from Hockeygiant about it. This is what he said.

"The thing with those Easton s17 skates is if you look at the bottom of the skate you will see that Easton skates have a very thin boot and when you drill new holes on the Easton S17 skate it will weaken the bottom even more. We can do it, but it will weaken the boot and void any warranty's on the boot."

Send a guy a message on IW message board that converted a pair on hummer frames so he removed even more material and said he's had no problems. I read that one90s have weak outsoles in thread on a forum.

I'm in the process of converting One90's right now. Just waiting on my T Nuts to arrive and whacking a Mission chassis on them. I'll keep you posted on how it goes....

PS there's holes on the sole (non holder related) ie ventilation holes. I read somewhere that a guy filled them with epoxy to add a little more solidarity to the chassis so I have done the same.