Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gefiltefish

Attn: Tour users that also play ice

I am thinking about getting back into ice hockey again. Its been a while and my last ice stint was fairly short...

I find that the Tour skates fit me well for roller but they obviously don't make an ice hockey skate. I was wondering what Tour users skate with when playing ice hockey. Right now I am leaning towards the Bauer Flexlite line.

Obvioulsy I know that I have to try skates on, but the only LHS I have around here pushes CCM and Easton only. They don't carry much for Reebok and Bauer. I could drive 2-hours to another shop (Total Hockey), but they don't carry certain skates I want to try like the Flexlites. At this point I think I am just going to order through IceWarehouse since they have free return shipping. I can just go trial/error until I find something that works. The less amount the better though!

Also, I know zilch about proper sharpening. I am a big guy (6'0, 275lbs) and think that transitioning from roller would mean that I want a flat set-up without a lot of rocker. Personal preferences aside of course. Any advice there?

I would get another pair of tours and convert them to ice. I did that with my missions and it was the best decision I could have made. I did need to profile my steel to an 11 foot radius to get that flatter feeling.

Tour does actually make ice skates, I have a couple teammates that wear Tours for both roller and ice and love it. As already mentioned, I agree, wearing the same boot for roller and ice is great.