Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JimmyTheDriver

Bauer RX:60 vs XR5

Hey fellas,

Looking into picking up a high end skate around Christmas. Currently have Tour Code Carbons which are starting to break down.

I love the look of the Bauer skates these days. With the new line out, the RX60s have dropped significantly in price. If I was looking to spend approx $500 on skates, which would be the better option, last years top model (RX60) or this years one level down (XR5)? I have read the features, but given all the weird proprietary language they use to describe features, I can't really tell a difference outside of magnesium vs aluminum frame.

In my eyes, the RX60 is a proven boot, and probably my best option.

Side question, is it true these would run approximately 1.5 sizes smaller than my shoe?

Thanks!

Jim

Tried on the 7.0s in an 8 and they were slightly to small. Based on the write-up around here, The RX60 is a little bigger than the ice versions, so I should be ok.

Picked up some RX60's in size 8. Shoe size is 9.5, hope it works out. I CAN'T WAIT to use them... definitely not until Christmas like intended.

Talk about impulse... I might as well change the title of this thread to "I don't care what anyone says I am getting RX60s."

-Jim

Im a size 10 shoe. Xame drom 8.5 Mission Commanders to 9 Rx60s. I tried on 8.5 T9s but didnt like the fit, the 9 60s fit better out of the box. With that said, I have a wide forefoot, average heel, thick feet. I dont bake skates.

The 60s are stiff. Took a little longer than usual to break them in. Performance wise, they are everything they say: light, responsive, stiff, etc. However, now theyre broken in and the suze difference is starting to become more apparent. My left foot that is slightly smaller than the right swims a little. I also think they are flatter and less rockered than Missions. I dont feel like I make sharp effortless cuts and turns. Im a pretty good skater, quickness is my game, and I feel a little flatt footed sometimes.

The 8.5 60s didnt fit at all, painful. So I had to go to the 9. Kinda regretting not getting the 8.5 T9s and just dealt with the early breakin pains.

Patiently waiting for the Armadas to drop, Justin...

Not that it's anything you all haven't heard already... wow are the RX60s nice. Quality is amazing. Had them baked yesterday and they fit like a glove. Can't wait to get out and skate tomorrow.

As for sizing, I am a 9.5 shoe and went with the 8 skate. It fits perfectly. My toe can barely touch the front if I want it to, just right. I tried on the x60s and the 7.0s in the local ice shop and was an 8.5 in both, so these run a half size smaller.

-Jim