Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lee-Bro

Looking for drop-in or stick & puck New Baltimore/Northern Detroit

I ended going to the Great Lakes place in Fraser - it was only $5 for 1.5 hours of ice time. We did a little 3 on 3. I was going to do Sub. Ice in Macomb on Saturday, but the weekend caught up with me.

It was cool to be in a facility w/ 5 sheets of ice.

too bad you didnt get into suburban, its more expensive, but its way better than the 5 crappy sheets at GLSC.

You need to come to Cincy. Those 5 "crappy" sheets @ GLSC were awesome compared to what we deal w/ down here. If you get here early enough you can sign up for the tour that goes through the canyon of gouges. On a good day, you can see a fish jump in the water the Zam driver leaves on the ice.

lol, i play at GLSC every week as part of an adult league, and each ice surface is completely different and never in good shape, but then I also skated out of there 23 years ago when it wasnt quite as bad, and I am generally pampered with decent Michigan ice surfaces. One week we practiced at McCann Ice Arena (Grosse Pointe Woods) and I was able to skate forever it seemed. I was just stating that Suburban is a new facility and is in pretty excellent shape, and the Ice is usually really good there. Next time your out this way try St. Clair Shores adult hockey too, I grew up on those rinks and they always took damn good care of them. GLSC expanded too much I feel, and since they no longer sport a Semi-Pro team there it seems they even let the crown jewel deteriorate.

The in-laws are in N.B. and we were going to put together a team for St. Claire Shores pond hockey tourney but it filled up and when they changed the date, none of us could go anyway.

We usually make it up there 3-4 times a year and I've learned to always bring the gear.

Yeah they cancelled it all together now, i dont even know how much ice is on the canals there but it might not be much at all. I have gotten zero pond hockey time this year, total bummer