Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mnpucker

Minnesota Wild Emergency Back up

I am sure this will strike a chord with many of us beer leaguers. Wild Signs 51 year old back up. Lat known team was an inner city JV team in the late 70's.....then he played Center. Great story, too bad all he got was a warm up.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/134432848.html

Since I mentioned the Wild, it has always been quite apparent that the Wild get no respect on this board. Until lately, said disrespect was definitely earned. This off season the least respected team went and picked up and even more disrespected player in Heatley. Ok they countered that decision by getting Setogucci.

Fletcher then completely transformed the culture of this team this off season by hiring MIke Yeo. Mike Yeo has instilled a work ethic we have never seen here in Minny.

My point? none really, it is good to see NHL caliber hockey in Excel. Considering they are currently the best team in the NHL I do find it curious that no one speaks of it.

The perception is that team has always worked hard, the only questions have been of talent and of system. But that's just the "general consensus", not from actually watching them game in and game out.

My perception is the system with Jacque Lemaire kept them in most games and contributed to successes. Truth is not much effort is needed in that system so one would hardly know what "working hard" would have looked like then. Last year under Richards, the system and work effort were both a disaster. Some say this team is still a D first team. Not the case the talent and chemistry is only developing. Against Nashville Wednesday night the Wild spent a large majority of the game in the Nashville end and only had 3 goals to show for it.

I think the biggest knock on the wild has been the atrocious name and horrible jersey's.

I think the biggest knock on the wild has been the atrocious name and horrible jersey's.

I've always thought their jersey are very sharp and the logo is great.

My perception is the system with Jacque Lemaire kept them in most games and contributed to successes. Truth is not much effort is needed in that system so one would hardly know what "working hard" would have looked like then.

Just because you aren't hard on the forecheck, it doesn't mean you aren't working. There is just a lot more stop and start with the trap and it's less visible.

Chadd I agree, but when your team sends one guy on the forecheck it does not appear that many guys are working. The system worked because we had limited talent. It was a stop gap. I guess I should have said it was not the most desirable brand of hockey to watch and to most appeared to be a lazy brand of hockey. With the current team I see a more entertaining brand of hockey that we normally see in the east and they are having success.

When ESPN sent out the message that this had happened I had to due a double take. I can remember this happening one other time with another team. I will have to do some searching on the forum to try and remember what team it was for. At least he has a good story for Christmas dinner this year!

When ESPN sent out the message that this had happened I had to due a double take. I can remember this happening one other time with another team. I will have to do some searching on the forum to try and remember what team it was for. At least he has a good story for Christmas dinner this year!

Caps used one of the guys from their internet team a few years ago.