Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BryanK09

Vapor or Supreme Gloves

Up to now, I've been using traditional 4-Roll gloves which have been alright but I'm a big guy who prides himself on stick handling and my hands and wrists are probably bigger than average. What I'm wondering is do the supreme (more anatomical fit) or vapor (tapered fit) give you better range of motion and just better playing use. I've tried them on in store but that doesn't really give you a good interpretation of how good they'll be used while playing. I figured someone with some insight would help.

I've been wearing vapors for the last 2 years. I looked into and tried on all 3 series of Bauer gloves. I thought the Vapors gave the best balance of comfort and dexterity. Again, it's really personal preference, but to me the supremes felt too tight and the 4-rolls too big (though I would use any of them, they're all great gloves, each with pros/cons). Maybe try the gloves on and stick handle a bit while in the store? I'm sure the LHS managers wouldn't mind if you're seriously looking into buying the gloves there.

Vapors flare out at the wrist a lot more than the new supremes. Might just be me, but up until know I don't find there to be too much of a major difference between the two models, but not the supremes are finally a overall tighter fitting glove.

The way you describe them vapors are definitely the way to go. Love the looseness of the 4 roll but not as much the wrist/forearm movement constraints. Plus I hear the vapors are shaped to keep your wrists and hands in a better position naturally. Thanks a lot guys, definitely helped