Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tehxero

Question regarding wheel sizes - Mission Axiom A4 skates

So I'm looking to buy the Mission Axiom A4's. My old pair of missions used the 72-72-80-80mm Hi-Lo setup (can't remember the model of those skates, they were black with a red/silver design). The A4's come with 76-76-80-80. I have a few sets of spare indoor and outdoor wheels from my last pair of skates that are brand new but are 72-72-80-80. Will I be able to use the spare 72mm wheels in the A4's, or do I need to replace those wheels with 76's?

i had the same issue as you. i didn't want my 72mm wheels to go unused. so i skated 72-72-76-76 in order to use the 72mm wheels up. you can use any combination that will fit provided the diametrical difference between the front and back wheels is 4mm. 76-76-80-80 is just the largest that will fit.

Check if your local shop stocks the exact wheel that you have in 72's and maybe they would do an exchange for a 76. I would do that for people when they would ask me. Otherwise you can shop them around the rink to see if anybody is looking for a set. But what Willy said would work too.