Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kenneth

Combat 52 pro gloves

Anyone have any experience with these gloves? Or can comment on the fit? Seems like good specs for canadian made glove for only $150 bucks.

Which model are you asking about? The current model or the previous model? Here's a link to the older model: http://www.hockeymon...ber-pro-sr.html

If you're talking about those, I did use them for a few games and then sold them to a member here. I liked the triple split fingers and the dual layer palm (seems like a big digitech patch over nash, but the official spec listed is dual micro-fibre palm) seems like it'd be very durable and it also grips well. The shell is a mix of nylon and synthetic leather (much more synthetic leather than nylon...the nylon is mainly the top cuff area) and seems like it'd be very durable. Plastic inserts and a lock thumb provide a good level of protection (although not as protective as something like the Warrior Projekt with the bone system). The wicking liner is OK, but not nearly as nice as the liner found in my Warrior Projekts - the Projekt liner is thicker, has a nicer feel, seems like it'd be more durable and also looks nicer (blue with graphic sublimation, whereas the Combat liner is just plane black).

The cuff is a touch longer than on most gloves and the fit isn't quite as loose as a traditional 4-roll, but it also isn't tight like Bauer Supreme or Warrior Projekt. That's actually why I ended up selling them - I prefer a tighter fitting glove and I found them a little too loose for my tastes, but they definitely weren't as loose as something like a wide Warrior Franchise. I wouldn't pay $150 for them, but if you can find them on sale for less then $100 then they're worth considering if you like the fit. Personally, I think the current model Warrior Projekts at some of the clearance prices I've seen them at are the best value out there at the moment, but some people don't like the tight fit or their unique appearance.

If you're asking about the newer Combat models I have no experience with those. I did come across a review on those though (and suspect those are the ones you mean since the MSRP is listed at $149.99 in the review): http://hgreview.ca/2...-gloves-review/