Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Other Car Is A DeLorean

I hate Roller Hockey pants

You guys would not believe how happy I am to see ricer-designed jnco-fit roller hockey pants fall out of favor in the last couple of years. Recently Reebok, Bauer, Valken, and even Mission in a small capacity have managed to tone down the look of these things and I could not welcome it more warmly.

I wear the Valken V-pro and love them. I don't have any restrictions with them at all, I've been wearing them for about 2 years now and would never get a different brand. They to me are warm in the winter and cool and in the summer

I much prefer wearing roller hockey pants to shorts + socks - but I wish that manufacturers didn't design the pants to have the crotch around your knees - or so that you had to pull the pants up like a 70yr old man to get it up wear it should be (that is the one thing I like about ice hockey shorts).

Are there any good quality pants out there that fit like this?

I like the Bauer XR5. Legs taper and fit like socks normally do and fit very natural. Also the colors are very low key, mainly black with some faint color accents.

Our new pants are awesome. Every panel is ventilated (except knee), most of the materials are from my Adidas fabric sources (which = great quality), and are priced well. They do run a bit small, but that has been the only complaint I have seen.

Bought a pair of the CA7's and they are the most breathable pant I have had since my old pair of Black Biscuits. They are holding up well after two sessions. The only complaint I have is there is no opening in the front, so it's a little snug putting them on. They do seem just a tad smaller. I think I'll go up a size on my next pair, and I want the opening in the front, but with the materials of the CA7. I like my pants as light and breathable as possible.

When I first started wearing Inline Pants I too felt the restriction. Key is to find a pair that suit you and dont tape them up. If you want to tape them, then pull them up at the leg the tape!

I think Inline Pants look sweet in the right circumstances... they look really stupid on the ice!

ept_sports_nhl_experts-703848371-1267231664.jpg?ymw.fvCDbe3sqgm8

Yep, our pants run 1 size down. I recommend everyone going one size up verse what they would normally wear.

Not to sound stupid, but do the crotches on your pants sit where they should, or do they hang down around the knees like a prison gang-banger looking for a late night booty call?

They don't look like Cooperalls, but they are not "prison" style as well. I would say they are a nice in between fit.

When you say Alkali pants fit smaller do you mean the waist or length or what? Thnx

Hello All,

Sorry to pop in so late, but I hear that most of you like to keep the feel of your ice hockey shorts and aren't too used to adapting to what roller pants are traditionally these days.

If you're looking for something with a tapered fit like hockey socks and still want great mobility I would take a gander at the Bauer XR5 or XR3 pants as Tyler Roy said previously. They offer a more traditional fit and cater to a player who may not like a loud flashy look.

If the funky cool look is something you're more willing to try with more of a relaxed fit, I would try the Axiom T6 and/or the Axiom T.8 pants. They offer great breathability as well and have a shin sling closure system that has been used as a replacement for tape. Some players even save enough money in the long run to eventually pay for the pants.

Hope this helps.

As primerily a roller player (first 12 years) who got in to ice because there wasnt roller in the area for my young lad (4 at the time) i preferred roller pants

myself and the lad had mission soldier pants, after 6 months ice playing in roller pants i gave socks another go

never looked back. though havent played roller in socks yet

recently now 7 my lad has expressed preference for socks at roller practice , "because they feel better"