Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Vulcan7905

Easton E700

Easton E700 Medium paired with Itech Concept II

Fit - I'm normally a Large in most helmets, however a Medium in this helmet. It is one of the most comfortable helmets I have ever worn. I have no pressure points at all either which I would get in my temple area with a Bauer.. 10/10

Protection - I have had a couple of pucks bounce off the helmet which I barely even felt. 10/10

Weight - Lightest in the market without a cage. With the cage, it's still amazingly light. 10/10

Ventilation - It seems like it does its job since my head is always cool. I just wish the replacement pads would be on sale since I sometimes play an extra game or practice after wards and it is quite gross with cold wet soaked pads. 8/10

Durability - Has a couple scratches on it, but it's still holding up amazingly for three months. Have to check in in a year. Also seems like if you keep using the giro system it keeps getting weaker. 7/10

Conclusion - I love this helmet and let my friends try it on. You may ask "$150 for a helmet?!" Yes, it's protecting your head so why not spend the money on a important piece of equipment?

• Like 1

EASTON E700 HELMET

Model Specification

• Size: M
  • Cage: Yes and No
  • Finish: Black Matte

Fit

Easton provides 2 internal ways of adjusting the fit of the E700; the height of the occipital base pad can be adjusted in three levels (upper, mid, lower) and there is an arm mechanism that can be set for a more forward or rearward fit. I am coming from the Bauer family 5500, 7500, 9500, 9900 where the fit was snug, but it tended to pinch my temples a bit and I would have a dull pain just from wearing it. The E700 does not have any pain points and fits pretty nicely, although I have had some players have hard time finding a perfect fit (where the one size is a bit too large and the next smaller size is a bit too small). I would also say that these helmets run slightly larger than other models, especially Bauer.

7.5/10

Protection

From the lightweight feel of the helmet, you would definitely think that protection would be an issue, but this is not the case. I have taken several hard hits and this helmet certainly does its job. Easton has done an excellent job in providing a lightweight helmet with top-level protection.

9/10

Weight

The weight of this helmet is practically immeasurable; it is extremely light which is why I was saying its protection could be brought under question. The helmet feels great on your head and does not feel like it adds any drag weight to your head while playing.

10/10

Durability

The helmet has been holding up great, of course you get the normal wear and tear marks on the outside, but otherwise no complaints.

10/10

Intangibles

The black matte helmet looks very slick and was getting a lot of compliments on the ice. Wearing the E700 feels like you’re wearing a hat instead of a helmet it is that comfortable. It is hands-down by far the most comfortable lid I have ever worn. The internal padding is so soft and does an excellent job at preventing sweat from dripping into your eyes. The padding can also be easily removed and washed, which is a nice touch.

10/10

Cage

The Easton E700 cage looks very sleek with the gunmetal finish and smooth bars, BUT coming from Bauer’s TrueVision, I felt that the cage was very distracting; too dark and the thicker bars were too close to your face to the point where the bars were extremely noticeable.

5/10

Conclusion

Easton has done an excellent job with this helmet and I would highly recommend it to anyone in the market for a new helmet. As soon as you try one on, you’ll be hooked.

9/10

player reference: 6'0 / 165lbs / A League (3x/week)

• Like 1

Easton E700 Medium paired both Bauer 9900 cage and Bauer HDO Pro-Clip half-shield

Fit - I find that this helmet fits my head great. I had previously used the CCM V08 and thought nothing would ever fit better than that until I tried on the E700. This is the first Easton helmet that has fit my head. I owned an S9 and bought it because I liked the way it looked (I was a newb). In the S9, I had to get an XL for it to even get on my head and it was still uncomfortable. I later tried on the S19 and that also did not fit regardless of size. I was pleased to find that the medium-sized E700 fit me perfectly. Only other helmet I have owned in a medium was the V08.

10/10

Protection - I thankfully have not had any major head impacts in the 2+ years I have had this helmet.

N/A

Weight - This has been and remains to be the lightest helmet on the market. You will be amazed the first time you use it.

10/10

Ventilation - I play roller hockey, so this is important to me. I personally have found that this helmet manages sweat great. It may be because of the ventilation, but I think its the removeable pads within the helmet. They do a great job of absorbing sweat. And they are easy to change while on the bench or between games.

10/10

Durability - I am very surprised that the exterior of this helmet has held up. I do put it in a helmet bag and am not rough with it. It shines just like new after well over 2 years of use. The interior of the helmet is in good condition as well. I remove the pads and wash it out with soapy water. The pads themselves do breakdown over time, but replacements are cheap. I have several sets of repalcement pads to interchange on the bench or between games. The only problem I ever had was with one of the wishbones on the back of giro adjuster. I broke one the day I bought the helmet when playing with the adjustment. Thnakfully the LHS allowed me to return it and gave me a new helmet since I had not used the helmet yet.

9/10

Conclusion - This is a keeper! For me; its a perfect fit, lightweight, still shines new and the repalceable pads mean you have a new fresh helmet all the time! I obviously suggest trying the helmet on to make sure it fits. If you find a size that works well for you, then buy it! You won't be disappointed.

• Like 1