Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Riveting Skates

To get the maximum transfer of energy to the chassis from the boot I think probably no more than twice(more than that will tend to weaken the integrity of the outsoles to where you will lose push through the outsole flexing too much)...And in addition, any more than that and the holes begin to overlap in too many places anyway to insure a tight fit of the holder or chassis to the boot. Not to say you could not do it a third time, but there are certainly significant risks.

Hate to be mean, but you probably don't weigh enough for it to make a difference. What are you, 120 skating in top end skates?

I'm sure at a certain point it'd get soft, but I really doubt you'd be able to tourque it enough to notice, especially after only two rivet jobs. Again, I'm no expert but it just seems like common sense because those skates aren't built with guys your weight in mind.

Regardless of weight, if you do have to drill new holes, then pretty soon the holes will overlap, as MDE said, and you won't be able to get the rivets to hold properly. If you don't have to drill new holes, there shouldn't be any problems.