Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goaliemanshark

Widest cowling

I have a pair of Easton S17 7.5W skates id like to put some cowlings on so I can make a triumphant return to the net.

Which brand/model of cowling tends to run the widest? How will I know it's going to fit??

Thank guys!

I'm pretty sure that you can't put a cowling on a regular boot. The boot for a player is completely different than a goalie boot.

Incorrect.. you surely CAN put a player boot into a cowling... as for the widest.. RBK seems to be the trick... TamTamG put some on his 6.5EEEE X:60s.. had to heat the one side a bit, but it fit in snugly. As for sizing, look for a size 7 RBK Cowling.

https://fbcdn-sphoto...65_137683_n.jpg

In a somewhat related question: I have Graf 750's in a size 7. Would I be able to use a Bauer size 8 cowling from a One60, or would there be issues with using a bigger cowling than original, other than getting used to longer steel?

I would believe the holes would not line up if there were pre-existing holes in the cowling (someone please correct me if I am wrong). This would throw more holes in either the boot or cowling which isn't ideal.