Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jeff080

RX 60 help

Hello all, first time poster here. I bought a pair of RX 60's last week. Best skates I've ever used, I love them. However, the toe cap is coming unglued or something and my sweat is trickling out onto my wheels. It's damn near impossible to skate on wet wheels. How is Bauer's customer service? Will they replace the skates? I really hope so. I haven't baked them and only wore them twice. Has anyone else experienced this?

Yeah I emailed hockeyboss.com and they told me to go straight to Bauer even though Bauer's warranty guide says to go through the retailer. I suspect it may be because they are out of the RX 60's in my size? Or they are ignorant to the process. What would you guys do in this situation?

I sent Bauer an email earlier. If they end up replacing the skates, is there still a chance they have the RX60's? I don't want to end up with the XR5's or something. I feel these are way above the XR5 as far as quality goes. By the way if anyone can't tell, I've never been through something like this haha.

Chances are they will not have any rx60's left, and they will most likely replace them with xr5's. If that is the case, you could request to have them fixed, or take them to a skate shop yourself and have them fixed. I agree, the rx60's are higher quality then the xr5's, for sure.

I spoke with Bauer customer service today and I was completely surprised when she told me they are replacing them with the APXRs! I would have been totally cool with them just fixing the RX60's but this is awesome. I'm still waiting until they are at my door step to believe it though. Thanks Bauer!

I spoke with Bauer customer service today and I was completely surprised when she told me they are replacing them with the APXRs! I would have been totally cool with them just fixing the RX60's but this is awesome. I'm still waiting until they are at my door step to believe it though. Thanks Bauer!

Your welcome jeff080! We appreciate your feedback on the RX60's and are glad that you were a fan of the product aside the toecap leak. Enjoy your new skates and please keep us informed on what you think of your new APXR rocket ships. Hope all is well and keep rollin'!!

Thanks Tom! I got the APXR's in today. All I can think of when I look at them is Batman. They are very Batman like to me haha, badass batman looking though. Initial thoughts right off the bat: cut the edges off of the soles (minus the toes). They produced a pressure point that was extremely painful. I've been sitting here on the couch all night wearing them. More review to come tomorrow when I play for the first time in them.

I agree on the wearing them once first but, I do recommend baking them. The only thing it could really do is help the fit of your skate, and it should relieve any hot spots you have. If not you can have them punched out.

Jeff, can you look at the instructions and tell me what the baking instructions are... want to bake mine but not sure the proper temp/mins

My feet are screaming after wearing them last night! As soon as they dry out I will be baking them. According to the instructions, 175 for 3 minutes no more than three times.

I have baked my RX:60's twice at my home. This is the procedure I used: I pre-heated my oven to 170F. Turned it off. Put one of my RX:60's on a cookie sheet covered with a towel, so the skate does not touch any metal directly. Let it sit inside the oven for 7 minutes. Removed the skate, immediately put it on, tightened it quite tight. Stood up on the skate... As this is how your foot shapes when you use it. Reheated the oven to 170F. Turned it off and repeated with the other skate.

Mine too, fit like a glove! Absolutely the best skate I have ever owned! Not to mention with Sprung's mounted, brings them into a league all by themselves!