Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eaglex72

Mission Inhaler AC5 & AC6 skates & Bauer Vapor XR3 skates

I am in the market for new skates, replacing very old Bauers. I will be using the new skates in an adult indoor roller hockey league and also out on the street.

I have some questions and concerns about these three skates. Mission Inhaler AC5 & AC6 and Bauer Vapor XR3.

-How do they fit when compared to the newer line of Bauer Supreme?

-Are the boots high quality?

-Is there a difference between the two boots of the AC5 and AC6? Or is the only difference the chassis?

-Is baking them recommended at the store?

-Are the Bauer Vapor XR3 a better skate? Is the fit very different?

Any feedback from first hand use would be appreciated. Sorry for the new thread but when i did a search i didn't see anything about these two skates. Thanks for your time and help.

Ill do my best here:

-The missions will be closer to the Supreme fit, the Bauers will be a bit narrower. Not as narrow as the Ice vapor line, but still noticeably narrower.

-You get what you pay for. Build quality may be good, but they won't be as stiff or retain stiffness as well as a higher end boot.

-The boots are different. The mesh is slightly different and the 5 seemed stiffer than the 6 (from feeling them in store)

-Yeah, usually you would bake the skate, though you don't really need to on some softer skates unless you have a hotspot. Baking just shortens the break-in period, which happens naturally without baking anyways.

-The fit is a bit different, as I said above. It is a good skate, a few people I know wear them. I would splurge for the xr4 though, if I were you, because its a very good skate. Its pretty much a more durable rx25, which is one of the most popular skates where I live. Great stiffness for a mid-level skate, and great wheels for any indoor surface.

As far as Alkalis go: I've never felt the ca4s, as they're brand new. All the Alkalis I have felt have been very soft for their price-point and quite heavy. I almost got the CA9s when I was looking into getting skates until I felt them. The construction is good, but the boot is softer than many mid/low price point boots! The boot gets very soft while baking, which is why it forms well, but IMO any skate that is that soft will form better than a stiffer one.

And Justin, I have the utmost respect for you and your company, and am not trying to slander your product. Im just trying to be as unbiased and honest as I can.

OP: let me know if you have any other questions!

Thank you guys for the help, i appreciate it.

I wish I had a higher price range, Ill have to stay within the mid-low mid range.

I love the Bauer Supreme One.6 ice skates, i really wish Bauer made an inline version. I was hoping the Mission AC5 or AC6 would be an inline version of those. I havent been able to go to the nearest Hockey Monkey yet. So i can only guess from video and pictures. The shape of the ankles look good though.

Would that be a fair comparison? The AC5 and the One.6?

The Alkali look interesting too. Im just not sure how they would feel around my ankles.

Im looking for the most ankle comfort. But not a lose fit.

In the past ive had issues with my ankles being too close to the eyelets, also separate incidents with the sides of the tongue being over half my ankles and causing pain.

Would you guys recommend a new insole, too? Something better than the stock insoles. Are the Elite Pro Insole Hockey Footbeds worth it?

Im not as concerned about the skates breaking down as far as stiffness. Anything is going to be more stiff then the old Bauer roller blades im retiring lol. So comfort is key for now. Closest thing to the Supreme One.6 would be best. Ive been Supreme wearer mostly and have found issues when ever i strayed (Graf, and Bauer Vapor).

Id consider CCM but it doesnt look like they make roller anymore?

You guys are really helpful, thanks again, i look forward to your answers.

Two questions: Would you be willing to spend $220? And what size are you? I would look at the t6 or t7s. Last years missions. Identical boot fit to supremes, just slightly narrower in the toecap. They may be sort of hard to find, which is why its important to know your size. I can check my buddys shop, I think he has some overstock.

Let me know, ill do my best to help you out :)

Ill do my best here:

-The missions will be closer to the Supreme fit, the Bauers will be a bit narrower. Not as narrow as the Ice vapor line, but still noticeably narrower.

-You get what you pay for. Build quality may be good, but they won't be as stiff or retain stiffness as well as a higher end boot.

-The boots are different. The mesh is slightly different and the 5 seemed stiffer than the 6 (from feeling them in store)

-Yeah, usually you would bake the skate, though you don't really need to on some softer skates unless you have a hotspot. Baking just shortens the break-in period, which happens naturally without baking anyways.

-The fit is a bit different, as I said above. It is a good skate, a few people I know wear them. I would splurge for the xr4 though, if I were you, because its a very good skate. Its pretty much a more durable rx25, which is one of the most popular skates where I live. Great stiffness for a mid-level skate, and great wheels for any indoor surface.

As far as Alkalis go: I've never felt the ca4s, as they're brand new. All the Alkalis I have felt have been very soft for their price-point and quite heavy. I almost got the CA9s when I was looking into getting skates until I felt them. The construction is good, but the boot is softer than many mid/low price point boots! The boot gets very soft while baking, which is why it forms well, but IMO any skate that is that soft will form better than a stiffer one.

And Justin, I have the utmost respect for you and your company, and am not trying to slander your product. Im just trying to be as unbiased and honest as I can.

OP: let me know if you have any other questions!

this is the same problem i had with ca7. as i have a wider foot, i can't lace it tightly. and since the boot is really soft, i felt that a lot energy loss during my stride. and after few months playing with it, just can't bear it. Converted my rbk skates though...

Two questions: Would you be willing to spend $220? And what size are you? I would look at the t6 or t7s. Last years missions. Identical boot fit to supremes, just slightly narrower in the toecap. They may be sort of hard to find, which is why its important to know your size. I can check my buddys shop, I think he has some overstock.

Let me know, ill do my best to help you out :)

I think they may be out of my price range.I'm a size 9.5 in Bauer Supreme.Thank you again for your help.

this is the same problem i had with ca7. as i have a wider foot, i can't lace it tightly. and since the boot is really soft, i felt that a lot energy loss during my stride. and after few months playing with it, just can't bear it. Converted my rbk skates though...

Yeah, they felt very soft to me as well. Im not sure, but I think the new line they're releasing is a bit stiffer.

I think they may be out of my price range.I'm a size 9.5 in Bauer Supreme.Thank you again for your help.

Ok, ill see if my friend has any t7s or t6s in 9.5, as they should be under $200. I'll see him tomorrow night, so I'll let you know as soon as I can.

Hey Shark, any updates on the Mission skates?

You mentioned the Axiom T7 fit and feel exactly like Bauer Supreme?

I'm still interested if your friend has 9.5senior (assuming the sizing is the same as Bauer Supreme).

Your friend has a shop I'm guessing? And the skates are brand new over stock?

Let me know.