Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Monty22

Eagle X95 Gloves

Glove- Eagle X-95 14.5" Tufftek
Previous gloves- TPS R8, Eagle PPF+, Bauer 5000, Eagle X-51

Fit- My last gloves were TPS R8's (first year they came out) which had a fairly wide fit with Bauer 4 Roll like volume after break in. I was looking for something with a bit more narrow fit. I have long fingers so most gloves end up being too short in that regard, even in 15". I had a pair of Eagle PPF+ prior that fit fairly well, the fit of the X-95 is pretty close to the PPF's in width, volume and finger length. I prefer the less bulky cuff of the X-95 compared to the PPF+ as it's much less invasive.Overall, just what I was looking for 9/10 (would be a 10 of 10 if the fingers were 1/4" longer, but I knew the length going in)

Protection- The gloves feature a modified 4-roll backhand, with the roll just above the fingers being about half the width of the others and shorter in length to accomdate the three piece index finger. The backrolls have nice thick high density foam with plastic inserts, even on the pinkie finger wart. I've taken a couple of slashes and even a slapper in front of the net with no ill effects. Very happy with the level of protection provided by these gloves. 10/10

Weight- The pair Eagles weigh in at 24oz, The TPS came in at 26oz. Two fewer ounces and comparable if not better protection ( the foams seem to be a higher density in the Eagles than the TPS) 10/10

Duarbility- Been using these a couple times a week in pick up, games and coaching. No rips or even signs of wear on the shell. The palms are MSH2 with a black overlay. On my top hand the overlay is getting a bit shiney, but no hole is forming yet. The MSH is holding up great with no pilling. My only concern is the seam on the palm, as pinkie appears to be a seperate piece. If there is a weak spot that could require attention later on. If I get as much use as I did out of my R8's and old Bauer 5000's I'll be very happy. Both were tanks- let's see how these fair. 9 /10

Intangables-Very comfortable glove, with padding in each finger and ample backhand pad.I'm a fan of the MSH2 palms.The pinkie and index finger gussests are similar to the R8's, where it's seamless all the way around. It's a sharp looking glove with embroidered logos and orange liner. Break in was quick, probably only 2-3 skates before I stopped thinking about them.

Conclusion- I'm very pleased with the gloves to date. Have had them for several months with no issues. Fit and protection is great if you are in the market for a traditional style four roll glove with less volume than Bauer 4 rolls or Franchises. Very nice traditional style Canadian made glove.

38/40 = 95%