Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DNA Strands Vs Eyelets

I have a pair of D1C's. I haven't skated in a game with them yet as I'm trying to slowly break them in over time (horrible skate baking problem that I posted awhile ago). I've noticed that the DNA strands pull tight, but there doesn't seem to be enough of them to really give me a tight fit that I like from eyelets. I see space to add eyelets, even enough to get 10 eyelets like normal skates. My main question is would I really be accomplishing anything by doing this? Are the DNA strands good enough? Has this been attempted by anyone before? Also, if I put the eyelets in, would it be possible to somehow remove the DNA pieces and their stitching without damaging the integrity of the boot?

Pretty sure someone on here talked about adding eyelets to a boot with DNA strands....this was quite a while ago, and I can't remember who.

I asked if anyone had done it. I wanted to do it to my D-limiteds but my boss advised against it because the materal where eyelets would go is softer then normal to wrap around your foot more.

Hmm yeah that kinda makes sense I guess. It is softer right at the end there to wrap around. Damn. It could prob still be done, just might not be that strong, and might tear out eventually, or worse, during a game.

I have an idea of what DNA Stands are, but could someone with a pair of Missions with DNA Strands take a close up pic of them so I could see what they are for sure? Thanks.

DNA strands are just a fancy word for a supple fit system on skates. Its like sppeds laces on athletics shoes so there are no eye lets excet on the top. I was sceptical about the DNA lacing system at first but I have actually really liked it. i have wide feet so it allows my feet to be comfortable. Along with waxed laces I have found I have been able to get the skates tight yet comfortable at the same time.